iPhone 6 screen protector. What is the best buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ProtectoBrand, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ProtectoBrand macrumors newbie

ProtectoBrand

Does anybody here know what's the best screen protector for the iphone 6? I am planning to put on one on my phone. What should I buy? the regular one or the tempered glass? What's the difference between the two? Do I need to buy the expensive one? :( :( :( help!

2. xymay macrumors member

Tempered glass screen protector is sturdier, thicker, more expensive and easier to install than a regular plastic one

3. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

Tempered glass to me: feels nicer, is sturdier, a bit thick (usually .33mm), and isn't all that much more expensive than the plastic ones. For my wife's 5S we bought her a tempered glass protector for all of $8. I can't imagine the ones for the 6 being that much more.

4. ProtectoBrand thread starter macrumors newbie

ProtectoBrand

Hi! thanks for the reply! I have searched for best brands on amazon and I found more than one brand. I think I'll go for the tempered glass instead of the regular one. does all tempered glass scratch free?

5. ProtectoBrand thread starter macrumors newbie

ProtectoBrand

Hi! thanks for the information. Yeah I was thinking about it too. I found brands of tempered glass that is very expensive. I think when you get an upgrade phone, prices of the accessories are raised too. Way too much.

6. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

I always use InvisibleShield by Zagg on my iPhone, the tempered glass ones. On offer atm from Carphonewarehouse for £19.99

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

My go to has always been power support anti glare. Because of the matte finish its not as clear as tempered glass or a crystal film, but it's smoother than glass and can be used in direct sunlight without any issues. Been using power support since the iPhone 3G came out.