iPhone 6 screen protector. What is the best buy?

ProtectoBrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Does anybody here know what's the best screen protector for the iphone 6? I am planning to put on one on my phone. What should I buy? the regular one or the tempered glass? What's the difference between the two? Do I need to buy the expensive one? :( :( :( help!

xymay

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
Tempered glass screen protector is sturdier, thicker, more expensive and easier to install than a regular plastic one

Reactions: ProtectoBrand

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
Tempered glass to me: feels nicer, is sturdier, a bit thick (usually .33mm), and isn't all that much more expensive than the plastic ones. For my wife's 5S we bought her a tempered glass protector for all of $8. I can't imagine the ones for the 6 being that much more.

Reactions: ProtectoBrand

ProtectoBrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Tempered glass screen protector is sturdier, thicker, more expensive and easier to install than a regular plastic one
Hi! thanks for the reply! I have searched for best brands on amazon and I found more than one brand. I think I'll go for the tempered glass instead of the regular one. does all tempered glass scratch free?

ProtectoBrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Tempered glass to me: feels nicer, is sturdier, a bit thick (usually .33mm), and isn't all that much more expensive than the plastic ones. For my wife's 5S we bought her a tempered glass protector for all of $8. I can't imagine the ones for the 6 being that much more.
Hi! thanks for the information. Yeah I was thinking about it too. I found brands of tempered glass that is very expensive. I think when you get an upgrade phone, prices of the accessories are raised too. Way too much.

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68000
Apr 11, 2015
UK
I always use InvisibleShield by Zagg on my iPhone, the tempered glass ones. On offer atm from Carphonewarehouse for £19.99

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
My go to has always been power support anti glare. Because of the matte finish its not as clear as tempered glass or a crystal film, but it's smoother than glass and can be used in direct sunlight without any issues. Been using power support since the iPhone 3G came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.