Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Was looking at getting a Spigen one, but saw some reviews that the cut-outs aren't right, I guess they focused so much on being one of the first ones to have it out in the market before the iPhone was even released that they got it wrong and rushed it.

I was thinking of buying a slightly more expensive screen protector than usual, maybe getting a Zagg one? I have no idea what to get though, I want something slim and something that won't scratch easily.

Preferably one that has 3-5 per pack because no doubt I'll mess it up first time.

jcastillo20059

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
I ended up getting the Zagg glass one for my iPhone 6 plus and the HDX for my sisters iPhone 6. I have been using Zagg since my 3gs and I have never had any problems with it. Super simple to install and whenever it gets discolored or just want to put on a new one I always do the warranty replacement. Its free plus shipping so no more than 5 bucks

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Was looking at getting a Spigen one, but saw some reviews that the cut-outs aren't right, I guess they focused so much on being one of the first ones to have it out in the market before the iPhone was even released that they got it wrong and rushed it.

I was thinking of buying a slightly more expensive screen protector than usual, maybe getting a Zagg one? I have no idea what to get though, I want something slim and something that won't scratch easily.

Preferably one that has 3-5 per pack because no doubt I'll mess it up first time.

Where did you see the reviews about the Spigen screen protectors. Considering the phone isn't even out I find it hard to believe that people are already able to determine that they are not correctly designed. I have bought a pack of them and already have them but if that's the case I may have to look for another brand. I really wanted the Tech Armor ones but as far as I can tell they haven't announced or released for sale any for the 6 Plus.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Hmm, not sure whether to get the Zagg glass ones or the HDX or the normal ones? Any suggestions, not even sure of the real differences to be honest.

Where did you see the reviews about the Spigen screen protectors. Considering the phone isn't even out I find it hard to believe that people are already able to determine that they are not correctly designed. I have bought a pack of them and already have them but if that's the case I may have to look for another brand. I really wanted the Tech Armor ones but as far as I can tell they haven't announced or released for sale any for the 6 Plus.

Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Oleo...8-13&keywords=spigen+iphone+6#customerReviews

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Hmm, not sure whether to get the Zagg glass ones or the HDX or the normal ones? Any suggestions, not even sure of the real differences to be honest.

Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Oleo...8-13&keywords=spigen+iphone+6#customerReviews

That's only one review and the phones aren't even out yet. How does that person know whether the screen protector will align properly or not. You can't judge a product by just one review and the fact the phone is not out doesn't really mKe it a valid review.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
That's only one review and the phones aren't even out yet. How does that person know whether the screen protector will align properly or not. You can't judge a product by just one review and the fact the phone is not out doesn't really mKe it a valid review.

Erm, there's 5 reviews and obviously you can't tell if it aligns, but according to 2 of the reviews the camera is covered up - also looking at the picture of the screen protector that would appear to be the case.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its a little early for everyone to have their products ready for the 6 (even though apple I'm sure gave them advanced notice).

I like ghost armor, but when I got my iPhone 5 at launch, I had to wait 2 or 3 weeks for them to get the screen protectors.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Erm, there's 5 reviews and obviously you can't tell if it aligns, but according to 2 of the reviews the camera is covered up - also looking at the picture of the screen protector that would appear to be the case.

That page only shows one review and even says on the top one customer review. Where are the other four. Regardless no one can make a judgement on how good they are until they get the phone and actually tey them. Until then its just assumptions and guess work.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
That page only shows one review and even says on the top one customer review. Where are the other four. Regardless no one can make a judgement on how good they are until they get the phone and actually tey them. Until then its just assumptions and guess work.

True of course, I'll probably buy them and if they don't fit get them replaced or return them.

For your interest, they probably weren't showing up for you because they were published on amazon.com, see them here http://www.amazon.com/Protector-JAP...sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Its a little early for everyone to have their products ready for the 6 (even though apple I'm sure gave them advanced notice).

I like ghost armor, but when I got my iPhone 5 at launch, I had to wait 2 or 3 weeks for them to get the screen protectors.

Ghost Armour says they ship the iPhone 6 screen protectors on the 15th so not too bad.

vncmgn

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2014
53015ee305435a7f008dadcbdb6dfb79.jpg
armor z

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.