iPhone 6 screen protectors not covering entire screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by marddin, Sep 30, 2014.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

what gives? All protectors i've seen don't cover the entire screen. I know the edges are curved slightly but could someone seriously not come up with a solution? I need a fully covered phone.

2. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Yeah i feel the same way but since I am an avid tempered glass screen user, I knew this was going to be a challenge as soon as I saw the curved screen. Of course I know you have heard that iLoome has the first protector that covers the entire screen but to me it looks like little funny. There is thread on that topic here in the accessories section.

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how temp glass is going to work on curved..I just read that thread and not sure how I feel about it.

Sidenote: Can you sell me in 2-3 sentences on glass protectors rather than regular protectors?

4. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Well from personal experience they will save your phone from falls if it was to drop on the face of the phone. I personally have never dropped a phone to where it would crack the screen but I know the temepered glass will save you from that since it will crack the protector first and not the actual screen. That is a big deal with you talk about iPhones because everytime someone drops their iphone and it land face down, the fear of turning it over and seeing a cracked screen is the first thing that comes across your mind. With the temepered glass, if it was to crack, it would be the protector. Worth every penny in my book.

5. iloomeOfficial macrumors member

We do have a solution for it, and we are the first one to do so, but I do have to say that it's extremely difficult to create a glass screen protector (for that matter, even regular screen protectors) that has the phone screen curving at the edge.

Traditionally, for films at least, what they do is they create/print a big sheet with all the layers on it, and then cut with to fit the phone screen according to its size. Now, the problem is if the edges are not flat, no amount of cutting is going to help you actually install it correctly. The production method would be the problem in making an iPhone 6 screen protector.

That being said, why don't you check out our iloome ScreenMate with CurveProtect technology? It covers the entire phone screen with real tempered glass :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1774404&page=3