iPhone 6 screen protectors - post yours

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kisey, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Have any of you ordered and received your screen protectors for your iPhone 6 (4.7)? If so, please post a photo. I'd like to see which brand has the best cutouts. I realize the screen of the 6 is curved at the edges and companies had to adjust for that, but I'm really disliking the huge cutouts that some brands decided to go with. Are there any that don't have a huge square cutout at the top? What about the bottom? Are there any that still cover the entire circumference of the home button? I ordered an extremeguard tempered glass only because it was on sale and one of the first available. I'll post photos when I receive it.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Usually the early out the gate screen protectors have bad cutouts, large vague regions, Spogen's covers covers the camera.

It'll get better in time...

3. Kisey thread starter macrumors 6502a

I use tempered glass protectors, so I don't mind it covering the camera. I actually kind of prefer it.

4. nathdogg macrumors regular

This is the one I received, Spigen iPhone 6. It appears that it will cover the front facing camera. I'm also currently looking for something better.

[​IMG]

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

6. Kisey, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

Kisey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting cutout at the top. Slightly different from the Spigen tempered glass.

I don't think we'll be able to find one with a fill circle around the home button. I'm curious to see how these new protectors will look on the phone. It'll especially look awkward with tempered glass since they can't go all the way to the edge and they're noticeably thicker. I almost want to find a case with a slightly bigger lip in the front.

Attached Files:

7. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

The wet application ones are probably the only ones that will stick to the curved edges....

Curved glass is annoying!!

8. nathdogg macrumors regular

I'm not sure why the cutout at the top, I guess it's for the proximity sensor. It's strange there isn't a cut out for the camera though.

Also it's a lot smaller then I was expecting. Only a little bit wider then my iPhone 4S, so I'm guessing it may not got right to the edge of the phone.

9. Kisey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's the spartan tempered glass from Xtremeguard.

Attached Files:

10. puma1552 macrumors 601

Wait for Power Support's. It'll take a month, but that's because they wait til they get the phone and then they get it right.

11. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Tech Armor HD Clear. Temporary until I get my Spigen glass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Kisey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Definitely not liking what I see so far. Will use the xtremeguard temporarily until (if) something with better cutouts comes out.

13. hancox macrumors member

hancox

14. vazquez1085 macrumors member

Thats what I'm waiting on...until then my screen goes out naked

15. solo118 macrumors 65816

Not my cup of tea. I rather go naked and take my chances.

I ordered a cheapie on ebay that claims to have no cutout on the top. I will see how that works until a better solution comes out.

16. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Here's Tech Armor's explanation for the square cutout: "The big square cut at the top is something we start with when information about the phone is limited and there are no real images online for us to reference. This allows us to get screen protectors into the hands of customers right away before the phone is released. Once the actual phone is in our hands we then make the precise cutouts with the holes as opposed to the u-shaped cut. I hope that helps in understanding the methodology a little bit. I would encourage you to purchase now and if you're truly unhappy with the u-shaped cut we can replace your screen protectors in a few weeks or a month with the more precise cut. Best, Tech Armor Support"

17. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Glad I saw this. I ordered the Spigens last week and had them sitting on the desk unopened, ready for Friday. Sure enough, no camera cut-out. Thankfully bought from amazon, fulfilled by Amazon, so they're going back. Bought some Klear Cut brand protectors at a nice $6 for 6 that actually look like they have the cutout in the right places, so they'll work until spigen gets their act together.

18. N54TT macrumors regular

Just received an email from SPIGEN. They said they made some adjustments to the screen protector. They will be automatically sending me out the new updated one and that I can use the one I already received while I wait for the updated version to arrive. I'd say they got their act together. The pics on their site now shows the cutout for the camera.

19. sushi1001 macrumors newbie

20. nin7474 macrumors 6502

Thanks. Ordered from Amazon and going to try them on until i receive their Glass Protector.

21. bobright macrumors 601

Nice but I want to know how they fit onto the curved edges and how they feel when swiping from the sides. I'll wait for reviews.

22. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...I am not sure I even like them cutouts if I am honest - especially the home button one. I would have preferred the glass to go go all the way around the home button and not stop at the bottom:(

Agreed^^^

I can't really visualize how ANY flat glass screen protector will fit on the iPhone 6 due to the curved screen.

The only way will be if the protector does not fully reach all over the whole front of the iPhone - and I actually think this is how they will fit, in which case, you are going to be able to feel the lip at the end of the protector because it will stop just short of the edge of the iPhone (where the curve starts), and that is gonna feel like cr@p!!!!:(

23. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Those with the Spigen non glass one, I checked their Amazon they've updated it. Seems like there's a camera cut out on the product images but don't know if they send that out?

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JH87XBK

Has anyone got the ones with the camera cut out?

24. nathdogg macrumors regular

Yes it seems as though they have now updated it with the camera cutout. The ones I have cover the camera. I will give them a try and see if the protector interferes with the camera before I re purchase these.

[​IMG]

This image would also explain the need for an open ended home button cut out. It seems the glass curves immediately after the home button. So the small piece of plastic required to complete the cutout would be on the curved part of glass and would be prone to lifting if it ever stuck at all.

25. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

.....whilst I can understand why the protectors need to be like this, can't help feeling that it makes the screen of the phone look ugly. As soon as you go to look at front of the phone, your eyes will naturally see all the edges of the protector :(

Perhaps its better to go without a protector at all then (something I have never done with ANY previous iPhone)?!

Do we sacrifice aesthetics for functionality/protection?!