iPhone 6 screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wilky76, Feb 24, 2015.

1. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

As I intend keeping my iPhone 6 until the the fall of next year, just wondering if I managed to scratch the screen badly enough in the future would Apple replace the screen if I pay, as I don't like using screen protectors and the price of a replacement screen isn't so bad.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Sure, Apple will always be happy to take your money. As long as you are paying Apple will do it.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Can I ask why you don't like screen protectors?
    If you get a decent one you will not even notice it is there and in my experience you don't lose any sensitivity in the touch screen. It is a darn sight cheaper than paying £86.44 for Apple to put a new screen in. Then again if you have money to waste then sure Apple will happily let you pay them to replace the screen. I am surprised you ask because its surely common knowledge that Apple replace screens?

It actually costs more to replace an iPhone 5S screen than it does the 6.

4. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

The glass screen protectors are pretty damn awesome. No reason not to use one.

5. wilky76 thread starter macrumors regular

wilky76

I've never been a fan of them, & I never needed one in the past... but the iPhone 6 screen pretty prone to scratches from what I've been reading so as i plan on keeping this till end of next year, if it does come to a point where it does get scratched up pretty badly then i just rather pay the 80 odd quid and get it replaced for a brand new screen, also might have the battery done aswell for a fresh one.

6. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Completely agree. I used to always purchase Zagg film protectors for all my new iDevices, however I always removed them after some time because I didn't like the feel the film protectors provided as well the distortion created with the films to the beautiful display calibration Apple performs on all its phones and iPads. However, since getting my first glass screen protector, I really can't find a reason not to use one or not to enjoy it. It feels the same as the real screen and it's crystal clear.