iPhone 6+ screen rotation algorithm is still pretty messed up to this day.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I don't remember it being like this in the past but the media player is very glitchy now when it comes to the screen rotating if there is a video or even audio playing.

Lets say I open an email with a song I emailed myself, I do that a lot when I make music and I bounce it to MP3 and email it to myself to listen to the mix in the car. Every time I play the song, I usually set the phone down next to me in the seat and if I accidentally set it down sideways the screen will rotate.

The screen rotating with a delay is fine, I understand that, there is a lot of graphics changing around now with the new screens...

But WHY does it stop my file from playing???

Or if I have it in my hand, I play the song, and I put it in my pocket and it goes upside down. It will stop the track just because the screen rotated!!!

Then I have to pull it back out of my pocket, and restart the song. Also instead of just pressing the sleep/wake button to go to dark screen mode, I have to exit out to the home screen, and then turn it off.

There are a couple sloppy behaviors.

1. The sound does not need to pause just because the screen rotated.

2. The sound does not need to turn off if I am on the media player screen in email and I click the sleep/wake button.

Apple has billions and yet they don't have anyone to pay attention to this detail? Lol.

2. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I don't know if this is related but my iPhone 6 speaker crackles sometimes when I am listening to music and playing a video and the screen rotates.

It crackles occasionally regardless, but there have been many times the crackled coincided with screen rotation for it to be a coincidence.