iPhone 6 screen sensitivity issue?

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I've been mostly enjoying my new iPhone 6 the past few days, but one thing I have encountered a handful of times is that the screen doesn't react sometimes to my touch. Whether email, browser, a game, whatever...sometimes it will not pick up my taps or swipes. Doesn't appear to be locked up, but a lag or just not reacting.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Never had a problem with my 5 or 5s.

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
Most people that have issues are the ones that restored from a backup. Did you restore it set up as new phone?

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Most people that have issues are the ones that restored from a backup. Did you restore it set up as new phone?
Restored from backup. Just like I have always done. Perhaps more of an iOS8 issue?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I haven't seen an issue with my iPhone 6, but yesterday my wife mentioned that the screen on her 6 seemed less sensitive and didn't always recognize her touch. I thought she was crazy, but maybe there is something to it.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
And for me, I am not certain if it's lag or not picking up the touch. But seems to happen quite a bit and is pretty annoying.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I've experienced it as well. Couple days ago I visited a site and I couldn't scroll from left to right no matter where on the screen I touched or how slow I swiped. I had to close safari and it was okay again. Not sure if it's hardware or software related...

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
This happened to me too. I tried swiping up from the camera on the lock screen but it wouldn't. Even swiping down for the notification. If I lock it again and turn it on, it's fine. Maybe it's just a software issue.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
My experience is that this is an ios 8 thing. My iPhone 5 was fine until I updated. Now I occasionally get a non responsive screen. I usually have to change position (landscape/portrait) and back to fix it.

This is also happening on my new iPhone 6. I reset all settings on both.

dvdvd

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2009
This happens to me too on the iPhone 6+. Thought it was just me. I also restored from a backup (which took multiple tries, but that's a separate issue).

Plaster

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
I have the 6. Working great until I noticed, the same as you guys, the sensitivity issue started popping up. Really irritated me today, played with it, and it is indeed a problem. Thinking back, I too noticed the issue after the ios8 update. So... time for another update.

Jeromechan

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
I chose not to restore my iPhone 6 from my previous iphone 5, so I set it up as a new phone.. However, I am experiencing the same problems.. At times the touch sensitivity does not work, and I have to lock/unlock my phone.. It's getting a tad bit annoying.. Even the notifications banner don't always disappear..

Peasanthero

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2014
My issue is excess sensitivity. I switched to an iphone six a few days ago and when I leave my finger on the screen while reading a long scrolling article it causes the entire screen to spasm - for lack of a better word. It shifts around from minor jiggling to throwing me off the page.

When I leave my finger on the screen while scrolling in email it also does it, but throws the email into trash.

It appears aws though it is struggling to determine if I am asking it to take an action or not.

I've looked for settings, but find none relevant.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
I'm thinking, could it be the ram to blame? Where as it's not the screen sensitivity but the actual iOS itself.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2011
I've been mostly enjoying my new iPhone 6 the past few days, but one thing I have encountered a handful of times is that the screen doesn't react sometimes to my touch. Whether email, browser, a game, whatever...sometimes it will not pick up my taps or swipes. Doesn't appear to be locked up, but a lag or just not reacting.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Never had a problem with my 5 or 5s.
Back to basics, do a hard reset of the phone and reset all settings.

Test out the calculator and ensure all areas of the screen works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.