iPhone 6 screen sizes ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tumbleweed666, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

I'm sure this is on multiple websites but my googling skills have failed me and I cant find it in here either.

What is the size of the screen on the iPhone 6 and 6 plus?

Not the diagonal, but the height and width. Every result I find is the diagonal, and the size of the phone, but I want to know the height and width of the screens, and I cannot find that anywhere.

Hmmmm .... thought occurs, I suppose I could work it out by dividing pixels by the pixel density for each, but I'd like to see confirmation that this is right:
    6 Plus = 2.7 x 4.8
    6 = 2.3 x 4.1

Many thanks.

2. RTony macrumors member

RTony

Not sure why you would need that info for, apart from drawing it on paper and comparing, but maybe this would be of a better help? Just put your current phone next to your screen and see how big (or small :D) the new iPhones are.

3. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, that's exactly why I wanted it. To cut out and place against current phone and also a g3 to see how they compare, not just the phone but the screen sizes.

My god, the 6 plus is freakin huge ! :eek:

But I want the camera in it :confused:

4. RTony macrumors member

RTony

haha don't you worry. Large screen size is quite easy to get used to. And the phone looks a lot larger on all videos and reviews, than it is in real life.

I am going with 6+, as it's just something new to try and a few other points such as camera and battery etc. :cool:

5. Tumbleweed666 thread starter macrumors 68000

There are a few other useability enhancements I'm p*ss*d are only in the 6+, eg the landscape mode stuff and iMessage photo icons.

I'll wait until I can get my hands on both to try.