iPhone 6 screen uniformity revisited

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by that be me, Mar 9, 2015.

1. that be me macrumors 6502

Greetings friends and colleagues.

To those of you who noticed the screen uniformity issues on the display of the iPhone 6 (dark banding/corner, yellow tint on portion of screen etc), has it gotten any better? Is this something that goes away on its own? I recently got my iPhone 6 replaced for an unrelated issue and have a dark corner in the upper right part of the screen.

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

2. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

I'm on my 5th and it's not perfect but it's the best of the bunch and I only have one darkish fingerprint smudge in the middle right that is only real noticeable on this very forum and when scrolling black text on white backgrounds.

My previous 4 had dark corners and yellowing. It's not something that's going to go away. It's poop quality control. You will have to keep replacing till you get one that's good enough for you or just live with it! Mine is liveable and I have the FaceTime camera problem (AGAIN!) so I'll send this one back at the end of this year and hope for the best getting one with a decent screen!

I really think it's just the technology used now and the display is so thin and that's why there are so many uniformity problems. Until they switch to OLED the screen uniformity issues will keep happening. The vast majority of people simply don't notice or care.

3. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Maybe we're all just seeing things. The stinking phones are hundreds of bucks each.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Meaning what?

5. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

My iPhone 6 has a shadow at the top, mostly around the battery indicator, that I can live with. It hasn't changed at all since I purchased the phone at launch. Most of the iPhone 6 demos I checked at the Apple store had this shadow to some degree.

6. that be me thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I've read heat seems to provide some kind of fix, (massaging the screen, hot packs, overheating the device [though this one might be a troll]). The results look promising, but also seem temporary.

7. samven582 macrumors 6502a

OLED isn't any better. It has uniformity issues as well. Its poor QC

8. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Meaning we're just seeing things and the phones have zero issues whatsoever.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you meant that as a joke then sure.

10. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I'm on a 6 plus launch day with a perfect screen but had considered downsizing at some point to a regular 6 and both units I had did have notable yellowing in some areas.

11. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Just chiming in to say I got my 6th iPhone 6 the other day (sent in other for FaceTime crescent) and this one also has the upper right darkish area and lower left that is a little yellowish/brownish. I checked the serial and it was made in July 2015. Guess they aren't solving this issue. My bottom of my screen is loose and clicking. Sending it back. Another replacement coming tomorrow.... This sucks.

12. that be me thread starter macrumors 6502

Yikes. Hopefully this is resolved with the 6s.