iPhone 6 Searching for network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by qualitynerd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. qualitynerd macrumors newbie

Someone please help. I have an iPhone 6 AT&T that will get on a network and stay on it for a day or two and then drop. Then it goes into constant searching mode. I was on a two week work trip where I was flying to multiple places and the problem would persist. The solution that worked temporarily was resetting the network settings but that would only work once at each location until I moved onto the next. I have since reverted to a 5. Today, I swapped out the sims and reset the settings again and lo and behold, it captured signal again. The pesimist in me is waiting for it to drop again. I took it into several apple stores and they all pretty much told me something is wrong with the phone and all they can do is offer a replacement at a cost. In my mind, it can surely be fixed if it works temporarily. Anyone have any ideas? I have upgraded to the lastest software and installed all the carrier updates. Any help is very much appreciated.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

If the Apple stores you took the phone to have told you that something is wrong with the phone and it's no longer in warranty, then it's probably best to let Apple swap it out. I'm not sure what they charge for a swap but it might be worth it rather than put up with an intermittent problem.