iPhone 6 - September or October?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RSG, Aug 4, 2014.

1. RSG macrumors newbie

Wanted to here our guys thoughts on when you think the iPhone will be coming out.

Initially i thought it was going to com out mid September until the October the 14th rumor surfaced.

Im due and upgrade and i really dont want to wait till October :confused: for the 6, so im thinking about changing to the Galaxy.

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Nobody knows yet.

3. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

October sounds good, anyways, it's an opportunity to save a bit more money for it.

I'm eager for the bigger display, touch ID and a higher ppi

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The demand will be so high and the initial stocks so low, that not many people will be fortunate to get an i6 in the first month of release anyway. Lots of us will be looking at nearer Christmas before we get our mitts on one!

5. chupachup macrumors 6502

Sometime before the end of the year.

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

True, it will be my first time buying it unlocked from Apple on launch, hopefully i can get one haha.

7. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I believe they will announce in Mid-September and release about a week later (still in September). Apple's earnings report indicate something coming out in the fourth quarter. I also don't take much stock in rumors that come from a senior store leader.

8. techspin macrumors 6502a

You could try the Galaxy for however long your return period lasts and return it if you're not happy. If you were planning on waiting for a late September launch, you should have enough willpower for wait a few weeks for mid-October. :rolleyes:

9. td1439 macrumors 6502

td1439

The October rumor was based on some pretty sketchy info and a lot of assumption-making (which is fine on a rumors site like this), so I don't put a ton of stock in it - unless it's been firmed up since then. I think launch will be in late September but, as sunking101 said, demand will be really high and it will be hard to get a hold of one.

Look for people to start camping out at Apple stores in the next week or two? :p

10. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

I really hope it comes out in september I'm not camping outside the apple store @ october with ipad and iphone launch at the same month:cool:

11. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I read these same exact phrases EVERY launch and I've always been able to buy one. SO, I'll take this with a grain of salt.

12. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

it's crazy how people want the latest tech on launch day like they are accomplishing sth in their life

13. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I've never had a problem walking into the Apple store on launch day, in the evening, and getting the phone I want. Never waited in a line more than 4 or 5 deep.

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Seeing as how we're on iOS 8 beta 5 now, I'd say September.

15. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

iPhone 6 - September or October?

Just wake up in the middle of the night and order online. You'll either get it on launch day if they do pre orders or 1 week later if they don't.

----------

God forbid some people like technology. Who cares if they wait in line for it for 3 or 4 hours. Most of America wastes 8 hours of their Sunday watching football. Is that a better use of life?

16. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

If you really want it, are you really going to let 1 month deter you? Have patience and wait for what you actually want or you'll just end up regretting it.