iPhone 6+ = serious performance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrdm, Apr 2, 2015.

1. mrdm macrumors regular

With all of the talk about responsiveness problems, lag, low framerate when rotating from landscape to portrait, lack of RAM, etc. thought I'd just share how impressive my iPhone 6+ performed on a recent extended road trip with the family for anyone questioning whether to jump in or wait for the 6S+.

At one point during the drive the phone was simultaneously:

1) acting as a wifi mobile hotspot for 3 other devices in the car by sharing its LTE connection (one of which was watching a Netflix movie, another streaming music and the 3rd just doing simple web surfing)
    2) running the built-in Maps app in real-time navigating to our destination
    3) streaming internet radio using a 3rd party app while bluetooth connected to the car's stereo system
    4) intermittently displaying incoming text messages
    5) occasionally sending notifications for upcoming iCal events

...all without a hitch. Oh yeah...and while most of this was going on we used it as needed to surf the web for good spots to stop for breakfast/lunch, check email, weather, twitter, Facebook and linkedin.

No lockups, restarts, lagging or performance issues. Just amazing and made the trip much more enjoyable. I think this is the most load I've ever put on an iPhone and it did not disappoint. Well done Apple!

2. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

Well, the iPhone 6+ is the best smartphone yet for various reasons. It broke through Apple's reluctancy for big screens, made Samsung carbon copy the design (when do they not, though?) for their S6, has incredible battery life, and is very fast.

Does it have flaws? Of course. Bendgate is an example, but nothing is perfect.

3. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Samsung design everything themselves. They just happen to design something similar to Apple and after Apple do it. Pure coincidence that this has happened several times.

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

how is "bendgate" a flaw? Some git putting a phone under stresses it wasn't meant to take isn't a flaw.

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yep they did copy the 6 plus didn't they. Kudos to Apple for making a phablet and paving the way for Samsung to make their very own phablet.

6. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Oh stop it, you know what he means.

7. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

That viral video wasn't what I was referring to, as that's extreme.

Some people on here had issues with it bending and they probably had a normal lifestyle.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's hit or miss. I've had it perform wonderfully sometimes when doing multiple tasks and other times I've had lag, input delays, and app refreshes so much that I almost thought I was using an Android for a second.

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

My 6 plus is still working flawlessly 5 months on. Never had any issues with it.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I sit and walk and jump with my phone in my pocket. I even toss my 6+ around from time to time and have dropped it into my hardwood floor a few times and it hasn't bent.

They're not as easy to bend as some would lead you to believe.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/03/samsungs-galaxy-s6-bends/

12. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

13. Hot12345 macrumors 6502

It needs 50 kg pressure to the middle of the screen.... 50 kg is alot!