iPhone 6 Shop Demo - My Observation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tripoli8647, Sep 26, 2014.

1. tripoli8647 macrumors newbie

I went to a local network today to purchase an iPhone 6. Today is launch day in Ireland. They had a shop demo in a box and I asked to have a play before purchasing.

I am the first person to defend Apple but this phone was opened three hours previous and sat mostly in it's box and was visibly bent. It was very obvious just below the volume rocker and you could clearly see the glass was not flush with the metal.

In their defence, I asked to see another that was being set up for a customer which looked a lot better but not perfect.

The thing is, you could get lucky with your purchase but any slight pressure in your pocket and this is likely to happen.

I guess I will wait for a few months until the production is revised and this issue is addressed. It's clearly an issue.

2. Cojm macrumors member

Or maybe some other customer came in and said "HMMMM I wonder how easy it is to bend!" check out apple stores all over, people bend the phones there all the time now.

3. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

4. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have the luxury of checking an Apple Store but fair point. The assistant told me it hadn't been out of the box much and hadn't even noticed it. She asked me if I bent it. Hence my assumption.

I've never seen a bent 5/5s shop demo either!

----------

Hi

xx

5. Azzin macrumors 68040

6. Cojm macrumors member

When the 5s Came out with the pain issues people came in to scratch the phones, with the 4 people came in to try and give them the grip of death, people have little respect for demo phones.

7. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad you stopped by for a read and felt the need to respond.

xx

----------

Completely agree. Again - this was stored in the back room and was brought out. It wasn't passing around the store. In a similar shop, they had a 6 attached to a desk, and it was also not flush.

Anyway, my point is, the glue-setting / rocker 'part' may be revised (just like the Antenna issue) and we may see a revised batch. It stopped me buying anyway.

8. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

6 or 6+? Surprised you saw two bent 6's.

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

OP, did you bother looking at the first page? This is the eleventy billionth useless bent thread.

Mine isn't bent after a week. If you are worried about it, don't buy it and buy someone else's plastic fantastic and move on with it.

10. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

iPhone 6? I heard it's hard to bend that one.

11. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, a black and a white.

----------

Sorry.

I've had every other iPhone and want a 6. Hence me sharing my thoughts on revised production given the issue is so apparent.

----------

As did I - Disappointing.

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I've had my iPhone 6 for a week now... Bought it on launch and its caseless...

I'm very OCD ABOUT my phone... This phone IS NOT bent... Why would an iPhone 6 bend??? I'd really like to know...

Also I always say post the pics of the bent phone or it's not true

13. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

That phone was easily bent on purpose. Here in Miami I have 3 Apple stores all close to me. I've gone to all 3 and seen many many many 6 and 6+. None are bent.

14. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great - hopefully that's the case then (pardon the pun). We may leave this thread to die now for fear of me upsetting forum members.:(

15. aristobrat macrumors G5

Here's a new video from USA Today.

Can you really bend the iPhone 6 Plus? Watch as people try

So I'm confused after seeing the results of that video as to what you saw. Seems like you're implying that people may have put the store demos in their pockets and sat down? Is this the only store in the world that doesn't tether their demo phones to a counter that would prohibit that?

16. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not into making up stuff for the sake of it but this was bent. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo now. In time, they will have it on display but I guess for today, it was in a drawer for anyone who asked to hold one.

In fact, I may go back later to back up my points here..

Here's a 6 plus in another store I just visited - that was not accessible by bend-testers.

Attached Files:

17. daviddcmd macrumors member

Those of you claiming your phone isn't bent after a week, why aren't you concerned that maybe after a month, two months a year or eventually it will be.

Clearly there is an issue with the 6 plus and perhaps the 6 over time. Don't bury you head in the sand.

18. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dangerous territory there David - the attack will follow!

19. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

AppleCare+

20. l3uddz macrumors 6502

Guess your implying its bent at the bottom end of the screen? lol. The weak point is around the volume buttons from what I have read. Also do you not see the small piece of plastic underneath the bottom end of the screen in that picture, which would be the reason why it looks slightly slanted/*bent*

21. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

No plastic visible when you see it in person. I tried to replicate my view as best as I could with a camera-phone. Near the rocker or otherwise, the screen is no longer flush.

It's hard to convince people that this IS in fact a possibility. Incredible that so many people are out to defend a 650euro+ piece of hardware so much without even conceding to the possibility.

22. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I would have to agree, even the guy on YouTube who started the whole bendgate issue struggled to bend a normal 6 with a tremendous amount of force applied.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/IROcoJeVfSI

23. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

24. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I'm concerned to an extent after a month maybe it could bend ... The point of this thread is a BRAND NEW phone and what in saying is ... My week old phone IS NOT BENT!!! it's an iPhone 6 not the 6+ and it is not bent after 1 week ... It's fine.

Will it in a month ... 6 months... A year? In a year I'll have a 6s so...

25. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

I'll deal with it in a month or two then.