Carrier Iphone 6+ signal reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tritron, Nov 9, 2014.

1. tritron macrumors regular

How is your carrier reception on iphone 6+. I am realy impressed with iphone 6+ reception I was hiking today with my iphone 6+ on verizon and I had lte signal and my lg g3 was only geting 3g. I wonder what makes iphone design so much better, is the chipset beter of antena design.

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I can't speak for the 6 series, as I refuse to use them. However, with the 5S signal reception was not that great. Apple needs to take a page out of Motorola's book on reception.

3. Americasteam macrumors regular

I get better reception with my 6 Plus than any other phone I've owned. I swap phones a lot and have had just about every high end Android device AT&T has offered. Have a Nexus 6 ordered, so I am curious how it stacks up to the 6 Plus.

4. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

My 6+ gets great signal on AT&T, but comparing the G3 to the iPhone isn't a fair comparison. The unlocked G3 I had got horrible signal in comparison to phones like the 5S or original Moto X.

I completely agree with you on Motorola being the pinnacle when it comes to reception. My Moto X was insanely good at grabbing and holding a strong signal, though that's no surprise as Motorola is known for having the best antennas in the industry.

Our of curiosity, why do you refuse to use the 6 or 6+? I'm just wondering (no bashing). I use both platforms, have a Nexus 6 coming in a couple of weeks, but have been surprised at how much I like the 6+ so far.

Yep, I plan on doing a thorough review/comparison once my Nexus arrives. I've always been a big fan of large screen phones, Motorola, and the Nexus line, so the Nexus 6, if it lives up to the hype, may be my dream phone. It is on paper, anyway.