IPhone 6 silicone case "chipped"

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by farme, Oct 26, 2014.

1. farme macrumors member

I had my red silicone case for about a month now, and today, when putting the iPhone in, one of the bottom corners just chipped.

[​IMG]

Guess it's because the case itself isn't silicone, but only the top layer. Because to me it feels like the case has a hard plastic frame which is covered in silicone. And it seems like this silicone layer can come off. Still i will have it replaced at the Apple Store tomorrow and hope it won't happen again.

Anyone else has this happen to her/him?

2. Lockon macrumors regular

Saw this same issue on the display silicone case at an Apple Store. Still bought one though. There is a year warranty.

3. CanadaEh macrumors regular

4. RByers8252 macrumors regular

My red leather case has a very similar mark in the same exact spot on my 6+. I don't think they're designed to be taken on and off but I do it at least once or twice a week and I think it wears the corners out.

5. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Same on my case.
    Same place.
    I think my fingernail chipped it taking off case
    I may try exchanging.

6. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Happened to me within 14 days so I took it back, my second case is still perfect after a week or so. Granted I take it off a lot more carefully now instead of just ripping it off. For the record both of my cases were red, and I take it off everyday.