iPhone 6: size of text in Mail and Messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c.s., Sep 10, 2014.

1. c.s. macrumors regular

c.s.

From the photos I've seen, it appears that the default text size in Mail and Messages apps are exactly the same as the 5/5s, thus allowing more rows of content. I was really hoping Apple's own apps would be "zoomed" in on the 4.7-inch screen, so text and UI elements would appear larger and easier to read. That's why I would upgrade to a larger to screen -- not so I can see more content, but so that the content displayed would be larger and easier to read at a glance. That's really my only problem with the 4" inch screen, when I'm hunched over trying to read an e-mail. Maybe I'm in the minority.

2. juicexct macrumors member

3. OriolesMagic macrumors member

4. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

5. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

From what Phil Shiller said in the keynote, ios8 employs dynamic scaling for apps that were designed for the iPhone 4 and 5 AND that the api is available for all developers to create new screen UI/content for their apps that will only be seen on the larger models to utilize the extra space. The CNN app is what he previewed on the 5.5" iPhone as I recall. So text may appear larger than the images you have seen, once apps are updated?

6. c.s. thread starter macrumors regular

c.s.

Wow, display zoom is exactly what I was hoping for. And I just bumped up my text in settings. Huge difference. Thank you guys!!