iPhone 6 Slim Leather Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Petronas, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Petronas macrumors regular

2. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I have the same case in black. Bessky makes some nice cases for the cheap price. It is slimmer than some of the other cases I've seen. Only had it for the day so far but I am impressed by it.

I've also got a Ventev Penna, but feel its design wasn't executed as well as it could've been.

I have an order in for the Vaja Grip in black with perforation (they call it Pique). Won't see that case til Christmas probably due to their built to order timeframe. It is overpriced/expensive but I really like the design of it, so it's a Christmas present to myself.

3. carreragt7 macrumors regular

This case has actually become my favorite case yet for the iPhone 6. It is only 11.99 on Amazon with Prime free shipping. I love the way they designed the button covers. No, it isn't real leather. But I honestly don't care. It's the best bang for the buck. I was so impressed I actually took the time to write an Amazon review (only the 2nd time I've done that).

http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Incirc...561185&sr=8-11&keywords=iphone+6+leather+case

4. matneh macrumors regular

Nice! Is it thinner than the Apple leather case? How much of the camera protrusion does it cover?

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

You should be skeptical. Those pics are just stolen from Apple with the logo removed.

6. carreragt7 macrumors regular

It is thick enough that the camera lens is protected. I haven't closely inspected the Apple case, so can't really say how they compare.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

There is absolutely no way those cases on eBay are made of leather at that price.

8. Petronas thread starter macrumors regular

iPhone 6 Slim Leather Cases

Well I bought one to try my luck. It's dirt cheap anyway. A user on another forum said he got one of the eBay ones and said they are very decent quality.

I'm like you though, I still have my doubts. $15AUD is however small enough change to take a chance.

Keep the suggestions coming guys.

9. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

My suggestion is to just buy the Apple case. If you buy a $15 knockoff and you don't like it, you'll buy another $15 case that may not last. Then it's on to a 3rd $15 case, for a total of $45 in mediocre cases.

For $45 you could have had the Apple case all along.

10. matneh macrumors regular

I agree, the Apple leather case is pure perfection

11. Petronas thread starter macrumors regular

I will wait for the cheap eBay case and if I don't like it I will probably buy the Apple case.

The thing is, in Australia the Apple Leather Case costs $65AUD ($57USD).

12. wxman2003 Suspended

The Apple case is a great case. With that being said, it's a $1 case costing $45. That in itself is a total ripoff. A thin layer of leather wrapping a plastic case. Did I buy one? Yes. Do I like it? Yes. Is it worth $45? God, no.

13. Kimball macrumors regular

Ive actually bought 2 leather cases from ebay, a red one which didnt have a great leather feel to it, but still really close to the original, and a blue version which had an even better leather feeling to it vs. the original! Ive had 4 friend feeling both mine and the original, the all said the prefered the feeling of the cheaper one.

The link to the item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291270565384?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It even comes with the apple logo in back and all, mind you though, the buttons are not perfect, they are not as distinct to feel as they are on the original apple case, they still work perfectly, they just dont rise as much as on the original. Its a great case at a great price, been using it last 2 weeks and its not showing any sign of wear whatsoever. Just my 0.02$ :)