iPhone 6 Slo Mo import issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mac2thefuture, Oct 2, 2014.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Hi guys - i love the slo mo feature and want to compile some footage but, when i import to iMovei or FC Pro it doesn't play back at the same immense slow speed - and i think I've lost some quality compared to what i see on the iPhone screen.

Can this be overcome - i'd like to overcome this so i can export some compiled footage eventually to f/book & Youtube

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I would post feedback to apple. They tend not to have a decent beta testing team so things like this appear in later updates of their software. Give it some time.

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I thought when importing into iMovie, you "loose" the slo-mo speed. However, it was filmed at (either) 120fps or 240fps. and inside iMovie it is playing at the regular speed, not the slowed down speeds. you just need to find the section you want and highlight and reduce the speed. When you watch the videos in Slo-Motion, they are taking the (let's say) 240fps and playing them back at the regular 30fps and as such, time is slowed down.

Does that make any sense? I don't really like it but that's how it works and why you can easily adjust the slo-mo in/outs after the shot. When editing them in Photos/camera roll, you are essentially editing them like you would in iMovie, just with less options (in iMovie you can adjust at different speeds).

There's an app called TruSloMo and allows you to have several slo-mo sections in ONE video.
    itunes link here.

4. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the advice - i think i understand - also, thanks for the app link :D