iPhone 6 Sometimes Stuck in Portrait Mode?

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Is it normal to experience occasionally getting stuck in portrait mode? I am not sure if it is an iOS 8 glitch or a phone glitch. Restarting the phone seems to get it "unstuck".

bronzini

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2009
Is it normal to experience occasionally getting stuck in portrait mode? I am not sure if it is an iOS 8 glitch or a phone glitch. Restarting the phone seems to get it "unstuck".
Ive had been the stuck in landscape issue and if i locked the phone usually foxed the issue.

maclove4life

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
i wonder if you can sue apple for false advertisement...it suppose to be landscape and portrait..yes? lol. :p

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Just shake it!:D It happens to me too and hopefully the fix is coming with 8.1 on Monday.

NocturnalJazz

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Same issue. Don't turn off your phone. Just go to control center and quickly toggle the screen rotation lock on and off. It's a quick fix... But shouldn't be necessary.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
It sounds like a software issue and not a hardware issue, glad others are experiencing the same. Ready for 8.1!