iPhone 6 Speaker?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimrod, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Jimrod macrumors 65816

So we've had all the leaks, we've had the hands-on from the keynote - has anyone heard anything at all about the quality of the speaker in the iPhone 6?

Obviously it will suck compared to a HTC One/M8 but I've not heard anything at all about it aside from the leak that it was "bigger" a while back, which could of course just be the speaker from the 6 Plus.

I guess we'll find out in a few days but I'm surprised that I hadn't heard anything in any of the keynote blog reports about it...

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The speaker quality of the 6 is quite good. I was impressed with it even more so than the 6 Plus. For some reason the 6 Plus seemed like it was slightly lower fidelity than the 6 but was slightly louder. If I had to choose which speaker I preferred it would be the 6. Overall they're pretty good but I wish they went a little louder... like closer to the iPad Air, which has the best speaker in one of these iDevices in my opinion.

3. Jimrod thread starter macrumors 65816

Cheers for the info! :) Sounds ok, the 5 was always "ok" but not a match for the iPad (2). It's not like it will be a main music source for most people (without headphones at least) but good to hear that it's decent. It's a shame Apple couldn't have used all that top and bottom bezel real estate for some nice stereo speakers though!

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

There was at least 1 extra hole in the speaker grill on the bottom of the 6 Plus. That didn't directly translate to much improved audio, however. Also as I posted before the music app didn't benefit from any split screen functionality, it's still the same album view when in landscape.