iPhone 6 Sprint in Spain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pepinillo, Nov 22, 2014.

1. pepinillo macrumors newbie

Hello friends :) Thank you for all.

I am from Spain and i want buy an iPhone 6 in eBay or similar... i look that iPhone 6 from Sprint is more cheaper, and i need to know if is unlocked in GSM international for use in Spain.

Thank you for all!!!! :D

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No. It's cheaper because it's locked to Sprint.

Only way to get an international unlock is to be a Sprint customer for 90 days, pay the bill on time and then call them for an international unlock.

It doesn't matter to you because you are in Spain, but Sprint will never unlock for domestic US use.

I would advise against buying the phone. The hassle in getting it unlocked internationally will equal the difference in price between it and a truly unlocked phone.

This is the reason Sprint phones are cheaper.

3. pepinillo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you :)
    I know that in verizon is unlocked in Spain,... but T-mobile also is unlocked or no? :)

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Verizon is unlocked per agreement with the FCC.

T-Mobile I believe is unlocked if the original purchaser paid full price for it.

The only thing I can be sure of here is that the Sprint phone will be locked.

5. pepinillo thread starter macrumors newbie

T-Mobile only if is pad full?... mmm
    Ok :D

Thank you for all!

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The original buyer.

For example…if I bought a T-Mobile iPhone 6 for full price from T-Mobile or Apple it would be unlocked. If I then sold it to you, it would still be unlocked.

But if I used a payment plan with T-Mobile instead, it would not be unlocked. At the end of my payments if I sold the phone to you, it would still be locked. Unless I asked T-Mobile to unlock it because my committment had been met.

That's how I understand it to work with AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon, again, is unlocked no matter who buys it and how much or how little they paid for it initially.

7. pepinillo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, perfect :D