iPhone 6 Sprint MMS not sending to non iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjz147, Oct 2, 2014.

1. mjz147 macrumors regular

Sorry if there is a thread I tried searching but couldn't find anything.
    I cannot seem to send mms to non iphone users. Instead I keep seeing the green line on the top of the message thread showing that it is sending the message but it gets stuck right towards the end and will not send.
    Any ideas on how to fix?

2. mjz147 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

What network are you on? I have been able to send without problem.

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

What does your signal strength look like? Are you on 1x, 3G or LTE?

Try updating your PRL manually. Open your phone app. Dial #873283# and press call. It will say update started. Give it a minute. If it is successful, a message will pop up saying so, and then it will reset your radio. If it's unsuccessful, it will also tell you. Go somewhere when a better signal and try again.

Sometimes you might be between two (or more) cell towers and it can cause issues. Turn airplane mode on, wait a few seconds, then turn it back off. Let it reconnect to the tower. That works sometimes.

Failing all that- you'll probably just have to wait it out. Sometimes a tower might go down or there could also be interference from the sun etc.

If you have high speed internet at home and continually poor cell service, call Sprint and see if they'll send you an Airave. It's a mini cell tower that plugs into your router and broadcasts a Sprint signal. If you're in an eligible area they'll send you one for free.

5. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

sometimes a simple reboot of the phone or reset all networks will do the fixing.

6. deviant macrumors 65816

7. mjz147 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried closing all apps, turning on/off airplane mode and turning the phone on and off and nothing seemed to work.

However, I did try this and it looks like it fixed it! Thank you!
    BTW the number to dial is Dial "##873283#"

And I always thought MMS meant pic messaging lol

8. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Cool! Glad to hear you're back up and running. You're right about the number, I forgot one pound sign before.

MMS is any message with a media file attached. These days though, everyone just says text.

Remember back when Sprint had that crappy PictureMail thing and we couldn't just send a picture via text like everyone else? Glad we are all on the same page these days!

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

On my Treo (back in 2005-09 or so) when someone sent me an MMS I'd just get a text message containing a link I had to tap on, which would show the image (in crappy quality of course) in Blazer (the Treo's web browser).

I don't remember how to send an MMS, or even if you could at all. That was a bit of a dark time for smart phones. :)