iPhone 6 - start fresh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whsbuss, Jul 26, 2014.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Okay so I'm gonna upgrade from my iPhone 5 to the new iPhone 6. I want to start fresh which includes blowing away all the iTunes backups (I don't use iCloud backup).

Once I setup my AppleID I plan on grabbing all my purchased apps in the App Store, knowing any data saved will be gone since I will not connect iTunes to update. That's OK since only one app has data I will have to re-enter manually and of course, any login info (FB, Twitter, etc).

After I have everything loaded on the new iPhone, then I plan on deleting all backups in iTunes and doing a sync/backup. This should get rid of the Other data that grows over time since its a fresh load.

Can anyone comment if this is a good way to do what I want?

2. cynics macrumors G4

iPhone 6 - start fresh

That should work.

Contacts, notes, etc, etc. will sync via the cloud if you have them turned on in the phone. Just make sure your photos and videos are backed up.

What you are doing is what I do when I want to restore as new.

To take it a step further I don't redownload any app until I need it. You'll be surprised how many apps you actually never use. I went from 130 or so to 64 currently and it's been 3 months since I did a restore.

3. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Thanks.