Resolved Iphone 6 starting to bend..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pelea, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Pelea macrumors 6502

I dont know if i'm going crazy or if something's happening.. But I just took my iPhone 6 out of my case (1 week old) and I get the feeling that it may be starting to bend. I showed it to 2 people and they said it's fine.. And I can barely see anything myself (if there's even anything)... But it's freaking me out.

I keep my phone in my front pocket in jeans (not too tight).. Same ones as I've been using with my 4 and 5s for the last 3 years without any problems.

Has anyone's phone ever bent after taking care of it? Wearing it only in the front pockets and never dropping it or sitting on it etc?

I'll attach some pictures later tonight, don't have 2 phones atm

2. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If two people said it looked fine and YOU can barely see it, not sure if an image could help.

4. ravage73 macrumors newbie

5. techspin macrumors 6502a

Take it back. You shouldn't have to deal with a phone that doesn't look bent and works as expected. Uacceptable :apple:

6. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

You're not paranoid OP.

My 6+ is slightly warped.

If I were to hold it completely flat on it's side, and bring it up to eye level, there appears to be a slight turn towards the bottom where the outline of the home button becomes visible.

The issue is so small that it would be difficult to capture on camera, but it exists.

I'd just live with it tbh.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think if two people who aren't emotionally invested in this phone of yours said it was fine, then it is fine.
    Lay it face down on a flat table. See what happens.

8. mcorleone macrumors regular

mcorleone

I've had my 6+ just under two weeks now. It went through a full semi-rigorous field test last weekend at Busch Gardens (Tampa) after going on all the roller coasters with it in my front pocket. Still flat. :cool:

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Enjoy your phone, OP.

10. andreyirra macrumors regular

That doesn't count. Everybody who steps out of the roller coasters is "flat" :p

11. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

use the compass app/leveler on a flat table and see if it is zero percent or 1 percent. put it over the edge so camera doesnt get in the way

12. Pelea thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm getting -1 degrees when using the compass app? does that mean it's ok?

I think i may just be paranoid.. doesn't seem like annoying else is experiencing the same problems under careful usage.

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The compass/level feature will only tell if the phones circuit board is level. Your results are invalid as we do not know if the table, floor or house are level.

Try to relax as you are going to ruin the fun of having a great phone!

14. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Plenty of people have had slight twists or bends from normal use. One of my favorite tech reviewers on youtube, Erica Griffin, had a twist in her iphone 6 and she only had it for a little while. She demonstrated this by lying it screen down on a table and pressing the corners to show that it wasn't flat.

Not sure if this is going to affect the phone in any significant way but it's something to be aware of.