iPhone 6 still available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CosmoPilot, Sep 12, 2014.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Apple still has the 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6 available online. I would've put money on this being the most widely sold iPhone. Apple must have made a ton of these.

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

They're all available aren't they? When you get them is another topic.

3. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, they're all available. But I think the point is that a large number of the configurations are still available for release day delivery. This is unheard of when it comes to iPhone preorders.

4. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Well, there is 2 different flagship iPhones.. It's like the 5c from last year. Tons of those were available.. yet not many of the 5s. But the 6+ 64GB model will be the gold version of the 5s this year.

5. cosminnn93 macrumors member

What if it's some kind of error and in the following days we'll get pushed back a hell long time wait? :s

6. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

If anything I'd think of the regular 6 to be the more popular of the two. I think the Plus model just sold out faster because Apple made plenty more of the regular model. The general consensus seems to be that the 64 GB iPhone 6 is the most popular.

7. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

No doubt.. there hasn't been a huge wide spread adoption of the "phablet".. And your right Apple didn't make too many of that particular model. But it's odd... how quickly the 6+ models ran out so quickly. And the 6 can still be delivered by the 19th. I just find that to be interesting...

8. acmeplus macrumors member

Just ordered a couple of 64GB 6's about 10 minutes ago. The Slate Gray was in stock and scheduled for 9/19. The Silver one had 7-10 days delivery, scheduled for 10/1.

I guess you all are right and the 6 Gray one is the most popular. I was suprised to see how early the 6+ went to 3-4 weeks.

9. mantan macrumors 68000

I think everyone, including Apple, is surprised at how many people went for the 5.5. Someone posted a Reddit poll with over 2,000 responses and it was showing 47% going for the larger model.

With the much larger size (as much as people have clowned on the Note), the $100 premium and limited supply - I really thought the ratio would have been 3-1 not even out of the gate. It'll be interesting to sales go after the initial launch rush of early adopters and when the 5.5 got into wild.

10. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I think back to Steve Jobs and him saying that Apple customers didnt care for a bigger screen. Now ppl are going nuts trying to get their hands on a phone with a bigger screen. Esp the plus device. They def underestimated the appeal to Apple fans...

11. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

64GB Space Grey 6 is still available for 9/19 this morning! I bet Apple made a ton of these.

I have a gold 5S...but with the rounded glass of the new iPhone 6 models, I wanted the entire face to be black (edge to edge)...the other models all have white face border.

12. rainking macrumors regular

To me, the bigger screen wasn't the determining factor. It was the better battery life (most important to me), OIS and resolution. If all three of those were in the 4.7", I would have gotten that.