Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexbakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Hi

I have had my iPhone 6 for a while now and this problem has been getting on my nerves. Haven't been able to find anything about it on the web?

When my iPhone 6 is on charge moving the phone will cause it to stop charging for a split second and then continue charging again. Whilst charging if I pick up my phone you will get the charging noise a few times as if its stoping and starting multiple times in a few seconds.

I have tried a different cable (both the Apple lightning cables) and the same thing happens. I have also tried to clean the port as much as possible with it still happening.

We don't have an Apple Store in my country so I came here for advice before I take it back to the retailer.

Thank you for any help you have!

IdealTech

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2014
Canada
Since you ruled out the cable, have you tried a different charger? A different power outlet? While it's probably not those, it doesn't hurt to try.

If that doesn't do anything, then it's probably a hardware issue so unfortunately, your only option is to send it in for repairs/replacement.

Alan Mac Farlan

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
I don't know if this will help any but it is free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/system-monitor-ultimate/id740765454?mt=8

It is a diagnostics app for the iPad as well as the iPhone.

Reviews give it 6 stars.

With the charging going bonkers with static noise it seems your power supple is off somehow ... one test is take your iPhone to another outlet in a commercial building for example or the airport.

Or get another iPhone and plug it into your house .. to see if the same problem persists with a different device.

then you will know it is likely not the iPhone but your power supply that is going bonkers.

on the other hand ... if it goes bonkers every where ... same problem .. then it would likely be the iPhone has a weak USB connector port that needs to be tightened up a bit.

my warmest regards.

Alan

:apple::apple::apple:

tills24

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I had that happen before, and in my case it was dust/lint stuck in the lightning port on the phone. I used a pin to get the dust out, then hit it with compressed air. Amazingly the piece of lint that came out was about 1/2 the size of a dime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.