iPhone 6 - Storage problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Labhras, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Labhras macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I have an iPhone 6 updated to iOS11.
    I noticed it's been quite slow in the last few days, sluggish, apps taking 5-10 seconds to load, keyboard appearing after 2-3 seconds..
    Then I noticed in the iPhone storage section that I have "55GB of 64GB used" - that should leave me with plenty of space. From the iTunes iPhone page, I'm told I have around 7GB of free space. But using a "Usage Widget" app it tells me I only have 1 or 2Gb free.
    What do you think?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Have you tried rebooting your phone. If that speeds it up then it is likely a memory problem. Also close any apps in the background.

3. Labhras thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried the hard reboot, the shut down and restart, close apps in background, have just a couple of apps open in background activity.
    What worries my are the different free storage sizes.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Itunes and the phone are always different. If you really have 1-2gb free that is too low. Even 5-6gb is low in my opinion.

Try and get rid of some apps or images/videos and see if that helps!

5. Labhras thread starter macrumors regular

On my iPhone, in Settings, General, iPhone Storage it says 54,5GB of 64GB used.
    I use a widget to display free space, called "Usage Widget", and it displays around 2gb of free space. That's what I was worried about.
    Do you think the sluggishness can be caused by the low memory?

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If low on memory it CAN cause your phone to be sluggish. 2gb is not enough. 7-8gb should make it faster.