iPhone 6 strange lines in low-light camera shots

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emoji man, Jan 7, 2016.

?

Are these effects normal for iPhone 6 camera?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No, you should ask for camera replacement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. emoji man macrumors newbie

I'm really disappointed with iPhone 6 camera! When i use the camera in low light condition it makes these strange lines if there is a light source. Is this normal? I've been to the genius bar and they said it's normal for them, but if this it's normal means the phone it's unusable in low light.

What do you think? I should ask for camera replacement?

IMG_0717.jpg IMG_0716.jpg IMG_0714.jpg IMG_0592.jpg IMG_0591.jpg IMG_0590.jpg

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

You are referring to lens flare. Some people think it is an artistic effect. You will see it in brighter shots as well if you are pointing a camera towards the sun.

3. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Are you joking? Even an amateur photographer knows that's lens flare...

I'm sitting here wondering how you went so long not experiencing this before...

4. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Must be his first camera...LOL

6. Newtons Apple, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016

Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Yep, no good for night shots. I do have to admit that this flair is some of the worst I have seen on an iPhone.

Changing my vote to not normal. I went back and looked at many of my images and never have I seen such strong horizontal lives like in these shots. I would be looking closely at the lens to see if there is debris on it but it should not cause this.

7. axantas macrumors member

axantas

Looking at YOUR flares, they are quite consistent (really bad...) and do just look like my glasses, if I do not clean them properly. Dirty lens? "Cleaned" with a greasy finger? Have you tried a clean microfiber cloth?

8. emoji man thread starter macrumors newbie

In some of them i remember cleaning the lens so i don't think it's from dirty fingers. I know some flare it's normal but these seems really bad that's why i asked here.
    I'm curios if the guys who said it's normal if they have any photos at night with the same effect, i would like to see some...

9. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

Clean your lens.
    Even my 6s Plus takes photos like that when the lens are dirty.

10. axantas macrumors member

axantas

In my opinion, they don't look like the ones that do occur on an iPhone 6. I just took some test fotos in a dark room with a small bright light. Unable to get, what you have.