iPhone 6 - Tech21 Impactology

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gsugolfer, Sep 28, 2014.

1. gsugolfer, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

For the 5, I was a bumper kinda guy. I don't like bulky cases. I bought two bumpers on Amazon, and one fell apart in less than a week. Since the second one was the same kind, I returned both and went to the VZW store to see what they had.

I bought the Tech21 Impactology since it appeared to be the best thing that fit my needs. I wish I could have found one with grey accents, but the orange isn't overbearing.

See pictures below. I would absolutely recommend this case for someone who wants protection with a lip, and doesn't want a huge bulky case. It's slightly grippy, which can help with drops. The openings on the bottom are nice and wide. Strangely enough, the lightning cable opening is perfect for me to rest my little finger in when I'm using the phone one-handed.

Wish I had some pics of the phone in it, but I bought it just before having to leaving town for work, and my phone is the only camera I have :(

Let me know if you have any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MareLuce macrumors 6502

Please correct your title spelling. It's Tech21.

3. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

The Apple Online Store had a black version. I had the tech21 for my 5s and it served me pretty well. Looking forward to picking this one up.

4. gsugolfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

Done. Darn typos.

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Saw those at Verizon and did not like two things:

1 - camera cutout too large
    2 - with phone inside it was a bit too grippy sliding in/out of my pants.

6. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Does it feel that bulky when you're holding the phone?

To the poster above, the camera cut out is meant to be large so that it doesn't mess with the flash when taking photos, that's why.

7. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Had same case on my 5S, after I while couldn't deal with large camera cutout, got rid of it. Was hoping they'll chage for 6, other wise awesome case.

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yes I understand that. However there are many other cases (Speck comes to mind) with a slightly smaller cutout with no flash issues. Bigger cutouts cause more dust/dirt to connect inside.

9. gsugolfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

The camera cutout is rather large, but I can overlook that with the other qualities.

As for the grip, I can see how that might be an issue for some. I wear suits or slacks to work everyday so the pockets are a little larger and easier to deal with.

To me it feels just like the old monoprice bumper with the back filled in.

10. SLM9555 macrumors member

How easy is it to take the case on and off? I need a case that is fairly easy to take off so I can put the phone in an armband for a run.

Thanks!

11. gsugolfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

Was very easy when I took it off last night for these pictures. It's pretty flexible.

12. lsh macrumors 6502

I have Tech21 on my iPad Air w smart cover. My kids have it on their 5's. It's a great case.

13. Krabba macrumors regular

Krabba

iPhone 6 - Tech21 Impactology

I thought I might go 100% naked with my 6 after using a Caudab Veil for a year on my 5s, but this case has convinced me otherwise. I'm not a fan of bulky cases at all and considered going with a Veil again for my 6, but decided I wanted a bit of shock protection (should I experience a drop) and grip (to help prevent one in the first place) and this case fits the bill.

Agreed. I wasn't a fan of the orange initially and wished it were gray or black, but I don't really even notice it now.

Agreed.

Interesting. I hadn't held it this way prior to reading your post. Good catch, it is helpful with one handed use.