iPhone 6 Tesla Leather Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by XboxMySocks, Dec 15, 2015.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Hey guys. Got the case today in the mail (3 days before it was supposed to arrive.) I guess that slightly extra $$$ shipping was worth it.

Anyways. Let's start this thing off! It arrived in some weird packaging that I've never seen before that seems to be composed of recycled toilet paper and made a ****ing *ungodly* mess on the table when I ripped it open. It was really soft though, and seemed like it would be a much better solution environmentally than plastic bubble wrap.

[​IMG]

Once you take it out of that, it's wrapped up in this cute little tissue paper sleeve with the notation of what it is - in this case, iPhone 6 Leather Wallet Case. It also specifies 'Black' which is weird to me, because I didn't see any other option when ordering it. Not that I wanted another colour, though.

[​IMG]

Once that's taken care of, there's a cute little paper (?) sleeve that it comes in as well. The *deep breath* 'Tesla Design RFID Blocking Leather iPhone Wallet Case.' Clearly their design team is a little bit better than their marketing team. Oh well.

[​IMG]

Okay enough foreplay. Here's what we're here for. This thing is nice. It looks nice, it feels nice, it even *smells* nice (and if you close your eyes you can pretend you're sitting in a Tesla) and overall the quality is something you would expect from a manufacturer of super-$100,000 vehicles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can't actually really tell here, but the inside of the case is actually some super-soft suede feeling fabric. A very nice touch, as dirt getting behind the phone will no longer scratch the ever-loving piss out of your device. The buttons are ever-so-slightly hard to press because the case comes a little close to them on the bottom of the device... but it doesn't actually affect the usage of the device. It doesn't get in the way of any charger or headphones that I have plugged into it yet.

It snaps onto the device very comfortably and holds onto it quite steadfastly. In fact, to be perfectly honest I would describe the rest of the case as a little *too* steadfast. The leather is not exactly a smooth surface, and the massive amounts of friction make it *startlingly* difficult to actually take cards in and out of the wallet. This might get easier over time, but I was actually a little frustrated with this part. The actual fit of the phone, however, is sublime. Very snug but also very comfortable to take off. I don't feel like I'm going to rend the phone in twain if I remove it from the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The stitching looks absolutely great, seemingly almost perfectly symmetrical, and the leather feels just plain awesome as well. There really is only one real gripe I have with the case - it's a very 'Apple-ian' case for a very Apple phone, but because of the price premium I'm going to go at it just a little.

The cutout for the camera looks... well, I dunno. It looks like it was cut out and then not actually finished or sanded down or whatever exactly that it is that needs done. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it's weird and uneven and slightly silly looking on a case that otherwise, looks ****ing phenomenal.

[​IMG]

I have been able to test out the RFID blocking and it does indeed seem to work, at least inside the 'far' pocket. The card inside it did not work at a tap terminal until I pulled it out of the case more to expose the RFID area.

TL;DR If you can buy your iPhone, and you like wallet cases then this is the one for you. It has every sort of feel that you would expect for a premium phone, and I love Tesla so the branding is A-Okay with me. Cards are slightly hard to get out of their slots (but I'm not sure if this will change in the future). Overall great case and I'm very satisfied, RFID blocking works as advertised.

2. oplix Suspended

oplix

Excellent. There is almost no photos of this case with an actual phone in it so appreciate the review.

3. ac921ol macrumors regular

4. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

5. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

No.

It was hard to take the cards out of the pockets at first.

6. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

does the RfiD blocking interfere with iphones radio. I dont see how it cant since cellular and wifi are radio signals. but not sure. also does apple pay work through the case since has RFID blocking

thank so much for posting!

7. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

First one: No. Signal on Cellular/Wifi is uninterrupted. Unfortunately I'm in a third world country and can't use Apple Pay.

8. frag2 macrumors member

You in Canada? Looks like a PC Financial bank card haha

If so, how much was shipping and foreign exchange and all

9. enivree macrumors newbie

The card at the bottom looks like the Ontario driver license.

In that light...does the Tesla dealer at Yorkdale mall carries this in store?

10. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Yes I am, good call.

It came to about $130 after everything... expensive, but worth it honestly. I've never actually really liked a case on my phone - I like this one. I don't take it off unlike every one I've ever owned.

It is.

No idea. It's worth a check, but I kinda doubt it?

11. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

LOL at Ontario being 3rd world. Seriously, we need Apple Pay beyond Amex.

12. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Haha!! But think he said hes currently in a third world country. Not that he lives in one

13. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Ahahahaha no, I meant ontario is a third world country :( Canada doesn't exist according to Apple.