iPhone 6+ that HASN'T bent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Orangeman13, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Orangeman13 macrumors regular

Orangeman13

simple question to help me make a decision. Has anyone had an iPhone 6+ for a year WITHOUT it bending and not using a case?

I plan on carrying mine in my FRONT pocket at work with somewhat baggy pants, and NOT using a case.

Thanks for your feedback.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

iPhone 6 Plus for one year now. 80% leather apple case (doesn't offer much bend protection) 20% naked. Wear in my front pocket - dress pants almost every day. No signs of bending.

3. BD1 macrumors 6502

No case and it is not bent and I don't baby it. I just don't put it in my back pocket and sit on it.

4. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I don't use a case, and mine is not bent.
    Then again, I'm no moron. :D

5. Orangeman13 thread starter macrumors regular

Orangeman13

That's what I thought. So unless you use your hands with the intention of bending it - like unboxtherapy did - or you sit on it then it shouldn't bend in normal pants front pocket correct? Even without a case?

I came close to buying the 6+edge but something in my guy said to stay away from Samsung no matter how nice the phone my look....

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Have 6 Plus coming up on year, no bend. 60% Apple leather case, 40% without. Carry in front pants pockets, dress and jeans as well as shirt pocket.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Actually some folks with bent iPhones may have bent them taking them out of cases, judging from a few threads I read through. I nearly bent mine trying to remove it from a rigid plastic case that had a death grip on my iPhone. Fortunately I saw where it was flexing and adjusted my efforts accordingly.

8. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

I have a cheap flexible case on mine to purely protect from scratches, it would do nothing to stop bends.
    It has been in and out of fairly tight jeans, thrown in my rucksack and generally used without any thought to it bending and still looks brand new without even a hint of a bend.

One thing though, don't go buying a 6plus until after next Wednesday......

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have had mine since January without any bending.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I've had my 6+ since Jan. 2015 and no bent whatsoever. I do have it in an Apple Leather case. If I have it in any of my pockets, I'm aware of it, and take it out when getting into my car or seated.

11. Jetcat3 macrumors 6502

I've had mine since Jan. 2015 as well and no signs whatsoever of any sort of bending with an Apple leather case. I also keep it in my pocket while getting into tight spaces where I can feel pressure being applied to the phone and have had no issues.

12. sartrekid macrumors 6502

You certainly can't go wrong with an iPhone 6+. The S6 Edge/Plus is a beast though. There's currently no better screen. The camera, too, is one of the very best. Samsung have outdone themselves with this device as well as the current competition.

13. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I baby the hell out of mine, always have it in a case, and never have sat on it, and mine is bent. Were I not on Next and therefore interested in selling when the new one comes out, I'd be pretty damned pissed.

14. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

Well, it's been about 8 months since I got my 6 plus. I used to put it in a case for about 2 months but I stopped. I go outside with the phone (no case) all the time. I dropped it only once, just a little dent on the corners. No visible scratches and I periodically check to see if my phone is bent, about once a week or so. It never bent. I carry it either in my hand or in my bag, I never put it in my pocket unless I'm wearing baggy shorts with pockets.

I don't exactly baby the phone, but I usually don't give much thought to the phone's safety when I'm handling it. I probably should, given that I use the phone all the time. Not sure what I'd do without it.

15. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

mine. have been using it without a case since a month now. No bending at all.

16. Smply_Rcklss macrumors newbie

Smply_Rcklss

I've had mine since February, I use several different cases or I'll go naked in my front pocket. I do a lot of bending at work & my phone isn't bent either.

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

No bent 6+ here but a warning.

The 6 and 6+ are slippery! No way I would use mine with out some type of thin grippy shell case on it. Never dropped it but came close several times while removed from the case to clean. It is nice to look at while naked but slick as it gets.

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mine's fine as well. I will say though if I had to do it over again, I'd get the iPhone 6. It is a big phone and I've grown weary of dealing with it, i.e., taking it out of my pants pocket to get into the car because its rather tight when I sit and drive etc.

19. marty1990 macrumors 6502

Mine bent in a case. I bent it back, so it's now straight. I had my screen replaced as I was concerned the bending could've loosened the screen or something.

I've now noticed, centre of the bottom volume button, a dent by the screen, like a dip in the metal. I think it's been caused from the screen being replaced. Nothing major, but just shows how soft the aluminium is.

I would imagine the 6S could still have issues with it denting etc, maybe a little stronger in terms of bending, but it is a phone made out of aluminium.

I shan't be getting the 6S but I think if the 6 had had OIS and the full HD screen, I would've gone for that.

20. btrav13 macrumors 6502

I haven't been carrying mine naked, but it's been in a wallet case in my BACK pocket for almost a year. Meaning, I've actually sat down on it numerous, numerous times. No bend at all.

21. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

10 months with my 6 Plus. Naked since day one.
    Front pocket. Skinny & Casual Jeans. No bending.

22. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

11 months

silicon case

twice I placed it on my center SUV console and accidentally placed my hand on it for support to reposition myself on seat

I felt phone and center console lid give way, but no damage to phone