iPhone 6 thinks headphones are in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karemos, Aug 9, 2015.

1. karemos macrumors newbie

karemos

I just noticed that my iphone 6 thinks that headphones are plugged in. ringtones work so the speakers work. any tips?

edit: messed up the title. thats embarrassing

2. LKN macrumors 6502a

I think you may have some pocket fluff inside your earphone slot.

What i do its get a cocktail stick( one you clean your teeth with after a nandos) and stick it inside and pull out the fluff.. Normally helps.

I had this issue once and when i plugged in myheadphones it wouldnt go in fully i thought it was faulty and ready to go to Apple. But a good old cocktail stick helped me!!

3. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I'd be careful with the toothpick. Compressed air might be worth a shot first?

Other than that, you're in warranty so take it back to Apple.

4. jdag macrumors 6502a

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago with an iPhone 4...it was water damage. I had never dropped the phone in water, and the problem happened suddenly. But the moisture detectors in the phone were tripped.

5. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Same here....unfortunately.

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Plug in the headphones, start some music, pull them out. It should tell the phone to use the speakers.
    If not, make a call with the headphones in then pull them out. Works when my daughters phone gets stuck. Water may be a factor as well as dirt but in those cases I've seen trouble getting the headphones to work, not the stuck on like you have.