iPhone 6+ thinks it's March 22nd, 2015...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by largefarrva, Oct 5, 2014.

1. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Out of nowhere this afternoon my iPhone on 8.0.2 thinks that the date is March 22, 2015. I can set the date manually to today's date, but as soon as I put the date back to setting itself automatically it changes the date on my phone back to March 22 of next year.

Sending some text messages back and forth to my wife to check things out it has come to my attention that iMessage has been turned off as well. Turning it back on seems to have fixed that issue.

Now my wife's iPhone 6+ thinks the date is March 22, 2015 as well. Her iMessage was turned off too. Only thing different between our phones is she is still on 8.0.0...she never updated. So this issue isn't an 8.0.2 problem like we both were originally thinking.

Our cell service is provided via Verizon.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

What time zone is that in ? (LOL) :confused:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

3. X-X macrumors 6502

Do newspapers change as well?

You might have discovered a way of time traveling, it could change your life.

4. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

We're in the Central time zone. Chicago area.

We're thinking it might be a Verizon time server issue because both of our iPad Airs (wifi only versions) aren't showing this problem. Mine is on 8.0.2 and hers is on 8.0.0.

5. Solver macrumors 6502a

Next time the date is showing "March 22, 2015", ask SIRI what is today's news.

6. NJHitmen macrumors member

OP charged the phone using a flux capacitor.

7. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just realized that my wife's phone started having this issue when she turned off setting time automatically and then back on to automatic.

Anyone on Verizon feel brave by trying to turn off set time automatically in general settings and then back on to see if this happens to you?

8. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

One other thing that we realized is that the gps light on our Verizon Network Extender was blinking red slowly, but we're not sure if that had anything to do with our problem.

After doing a bit of research, Apple says any problem with date & time when your phone is set to automatic is a cell service provider issue.

9. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

It's a sign. Wasn't the iWatch to be released in early 2015? Possibly an iPad Pro release date, but announcement later in October? Your iPhone knows. :eek:

10. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

11. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

stock market prices!!!

12. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

Not lottery numbers?!?!?