Iphone 6 to 6s plus....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Aug 8, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I got my phone on the Att Next plan. I got a 6 on launch day. Anyone care to guess how much I can sell my iPhone 6 for once the 6s plus is out? I'm trying to decide if I should sell it and get the plus since I do love the size of the plus. I plan to always pay per month since I will upgrade at least every two years. Just wondering how much I might be out if I do it. Someone must have calculated this to get an idea;).

2. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

if you unlock you can sell up to $500 usd
    if you not unlock can sell up $450 usd

depend which buyer deal , some cheap wont want buy second hand high price

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just remembered I still have my 5. I could sell now and just wait for the new one. That might be a good plan.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That's probably you're best bet. The phone has a better resale value now than it will after a new one comes out.

5. ph001bi macrumors member

My brother is doing exactly that. He just sold his 5S and is now waiting for a second hand 6 (to be bought after the 6S launch) with an older iPhone5.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Move back into your 5 and sell the 6 for more money.

7. kioko91 macrumors regular

kioko91

The amount you get will also be based on color and storage size. I sold my Verizon 6 plus in May for around $800. It was a space grey 128gb model. AT&T models sell for less since they aren't unlocked but a good site to get an idea aside from ebay is swappa.com. It's where I've sold my last 3 phones.

8. Broadus macrumors 6502a

That's the best thing to do.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

So you have your phone through AT&T Next and you plan on selling it? Which is not a problem, but make sure you pay off the remaining balance of your 6 before you plan on buying the 6S Plus. Because if you are on AT&T Next and you try to upgrade, you have to turn in your phone to get a new one.

10. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

I have both. On the fence about the form factor regarding the plus. All the negative bias towards the plus on this site is also hurting my appetite to keep it. It's too big for half of my jeans and sport jacket pockets. Will need to carry it.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm in the same boat, I'm not happy with the 6+. Don't get me wrong its a good phone, but I think I'll a better user experience with the smaller phone. In a sense its more portable since it fits in clothes better.

12. doitdada macrumors 6502a

doitdada

The only reason to bring the iPhone 6 plus, is battery, which the smaller and more portable 6 lacks after half a day of usage. It may be the only reason to keep it. I first bought the iPad mini hoping to bring it with me, but it ended up being used for recipes in the kitchen and as a pacifier for my kids :) Sold it this summer without remorse.

The plus is fascinating and more pleasant in actual usage, but the form factor is simply too big for a wide range of clothing. Especially in the summertime with less pockets to fill. In the end you give up. You buy a belt clip or a purse.

Attached Files:

13. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I guess it depends on the color and storage capacity of your iPhone. I posted mine on craigslist a week ago and I sold it for $650, which I think was a very good deal. Mine was 64gb in Space Gray. Always ask for more so if they ask you to bring down the price you have some wiggle room to negotiate the final price of your phone.

14. ricktat macrumors 6502a

I had the 6 and now the 6 plus. I can't decide. I even tried the 6 from my wife for a week again.
    I love typing on the 6 plus but hate it when I wear slacks, shorts, or jeans that have small pockets and then worry about my phone falling out all day.

I wish the 5 inch rumor was true. Perfect compromise

15. TheMacApple macrumors regular

I'm getting the plus as I am switching from a note4.
    Its like takeing your 65" Flat screen TV and going back to a 32"... not gonna happen

16. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

I almost got the note 4 but went with the plus. Did the lollipop kill the note 4?

17. TheMacApple macrumors regular

No, it was fine. Sammy locked the firmware making it very hard to root. It's still able, but a royal pain...lets just say, its not fun anymore- Android was a fad, the glitter is starting to shake loose!

18. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

Oh ok. Well I'm not the rooting "one" but I understand your point for your experience. Once I heard about the lollipop upgrade I was quickly reminded about touch whiz. I at least thought the note 4 would still be taken care of even after the note 5/edge plus. Oh well. Sticking with Apple.