Iphone 6 to 7 upgrade poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djdsas, Oct 31, 2016.

?

If you upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7, was it worth it?

1. yes, absolutely worth it

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. no, I should have held off 1 more year for 2017 iPhone redesign

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. djdsas macrumors member

I want to hear from those of you who made the jump from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7(not 6s, not 6+, etc)

Was it worth it? Would you do it again or in retrospect should you have waited for 2017 new design.

How is speed, camera, overall experience?

Was it worth it?

What do you like best?

Anything you don't like about the 7?

Looking forward to your opinions

2. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

I love the phone, but I could've waited just the same. My favorite two things is the new home button and the cameras obviously

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I think that there have been other threads discussing this. Personally, I'm hanging on to my 6 for another year, but I wouldn't say that it's a bad upgrade, it just that my 6 is still doing everything I need it too, and the 7 doesn't offer anything that I feel I really need.

4. ultra7k macrumors 6502

ultra7k

I went form 6 to 7 plus, and the difference in screen size was really great. Also, Hey Siri being active at all times is a game changer for me.

Totally worth it IMO.

5. chscag macrumors 68000

Same here. I was excited at first about the 7 but then thought about it for awhile and decided to keep my 6+ for another year and save my $$ for Xmas presents and property taxes all coming at the end of this year. :rolleyes:

6. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Wish I would have waited. Just not that much of an upgrade going from a 6 to a 7. Yes the 7 feels a bit faster, but never felt my 6 was slow. Maybe if I would have just traded in my 6 for a 7 like some people were able to I'd feel different but I'm handing my 6 down to a family member and bought the 7 outright.

Also some of it has to do with still battling some battery issues with the 7. I finally gave up trying to fix the issue and reset as new and still having an issue. Set up as new with just a couple apps and the battery went from 100 to 90% in ~2 hours with it not even being touched (did exact same on my iPhone 6 and it is still at 100%).

7. sunking101, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The i6/6+ struggle with their 1GB of RAM and constantly refresh apps & browser tabs when multitasking. The 6S and i7 both solve this problem, plus they fly. They're much faster phones and consequently both are a huge upgrade on the iPhone 6/6+.

I've never understood how people can be happy with the iPhone 6. I couldn't wait to part with mine and that was immediately upon unboxing, let alone a year later when the 6S came out and *let alone* two years later when the i7 was released.

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

The enhanced camera along with OIS in the iPhone 7 is worth every penny of upgrade over the 6 ... every penny.

9. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Genuinely I've never missed OIS on my phone & the camera quality on the 6 is solid. I've posted a couple of my shots from the phone on the iPhone 7 plus photography post and you can have a look at them, also my Instagram is a proof that the 6 is very much capable of capturing awesome shot as long as you have the eye.

The app refresh and stuff don't bother me much, probably because I don't care as much anymore. Too busy to pay attention to things like that I guess.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

For all of the reasons above, worth it. Also, it only cost me $100 with trade in, so definitely worth it.

11. RedOrchestra Suspended

The 6 camera becomes a distant second to the 7 camera - the improved aperature makes for superior low light shots - sorry it's not even up for discussion. 7 FTW.

12. akash.nu macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Yeah Low light is where the iPhone 7 does produce a better end result but again I don't tend to use my phone for such photography anyway. Low light photography is always best with a dedicated camera. I won't even try to capture with a phone camera.