iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s: good choice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danielvanberkel, Sep 21, 2016.

1. danielvanberkel macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I've had an iPhone 6 for a little over a year now and I've had nothing but problems. I've had it repaired twice for a creaking screen, and three times for a shifted front cam. Last week I received a new (refurbished) phone from Apple as the camera had shifted again.

Now, 7 days later, the Touch ID sensor stopped working. Restoring to iOS 9 didn't work either. It's not an issue with my fingers or so, it's just the whole sensor stopped working and I get an error message every time I restart.

I'm actually quite done with this and I'm thinking of replacing it with an iPhone 6s. I'm hesitant to buy the 7 as I don't want all these problems again and I hear that in general the S versions are pretty much without problems.

Would you guys say this is a good choice or is the 7 that much better to make that a better choice?

2. Neebee macrumors 6502a

How is the camera able to shift? You sound very hard on your phone, lol. Go for the 7 or Samsung Galaxy 7 and be done with it, but Samsung isn't going to give you the support like Apple will.

3. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I would go with the 7 now since it is newer. 6s isn't a bad choice either. You couldn't go wrong with either choice at this point to be honest.

4. danielvanberkel thread starter macrumors newbie

It's actually a very common and known problem for the iPhone 6 front camera to move. But you're right at the fact that I'm hard on my phone haha

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I have the 6s. It runs IOS 10 very well. IMO it runs faster then when it had 9.3.5. With some of the reports about screens I would personally go with the 6s.

6. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

6s is a great phone for sure, I definitely haven't had any issues with mine. I generally go for the S phones myself as they generally seem to have fewer issues (since Apple has a chance to correct any design flaws) and seem to last longer, but since the 7 is an upgraded 6s in a lot of ways you probably can't go wrong with either.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The crescent moon camera issue appears permanently fixed in the 6s.

But why get the 6s now that the 7 is out? The distracting antenna lines on the 6s are still cringeworthy.

8. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I think that the 6s is very good for what it is at this price point esp.

I wanted to get the 7 because I'm a bit of that "new, I gotta have it type" plus I'm getting all black which is only available at 7.

But the 6s is very good too...

Albeit compared to the 7, the 7 is freaking fast... I'm not sure if others have this same experience... but not only typing is faster but loading of pages and apps... before I thought it was dependent on the wifi or lte signal but nope...

9. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I think you need to invest in an Otterbox Defender case with your next phone to address the true issue: you.

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm thinking of doing the same, I've had countless problems with my 6 Plus, from the screen becoming unresponsive, a clicking screen, a bad mute switch, faulty accelerometer, lines down the middle of the screen, shifting camera... My camera has moved again but I literally can't be bothered to get it fixed as it's obviously just how Jony thinks the lens should look judging by how often it happens.

The thing is, I love the phone when it works, it's just been the most unreliable piece of Apple hardware I've ever owned. I'll probably just keep it until next year unless a very good deal on a 6s pops up. Can't really afford a 7 with a new laptop looming on the horizon (if they ever get round to making one)...

11. TurboPGT! Suspended

Let me see if I'm getting this...

Ok..
    So, you broke it.
    And then you broke it some more.
    That's odd, but given that you can't seem to stop dropping it...
    Meaning, downgrading from iOS 10? Not sure why that would even be considered a troubleshooting step...
    What error message is that? Surely you're not referring to the fact that you must enter your passcode before using Touch ID after a restart...
    Given your track record of breaking every iPhone 6 they hand you, how is this going to help?
    Again, I'm sure all of the models respond equally well to being broken.
    No.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That has nothing to do with the crescent moon camera issue on the 6 though. It happens whether you're hard on your iPhone or babies it. It was simply a design flaw that they eventually fixed in the 6s.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2016 ---
    Do people seriously haven't heard of the crescent moon camera issue in the iPhone 6 on this forum? It was a design flaw and has nothing to do with the OP's breaking it.

13. danielvanberkel thread starter macrumors newbie

For the record, with "hard on the phone" I thought it meant: hard on the fact that I want my phone to be perfect. Not that I drop it, because in fact I handle it very carefully.