iPhone 6 too big!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anotherarunan, Sep 29, 2014.

1. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

After having my iPhone 6 for a week - I picked up my old iPhone 5 to post to a buyer I sold it to. Picking it up, it immediately felt at home in 1 hand, and felt like it was the 'right' size.

Am I the only one who actually felt Apple had it right with the screen size of the iPhone 5? Holding it in 1 hand feels natural and I can use it and reach every part of the screen with ease. I can still manage it with the iPhone 6 but its much less easy. Now I know some people like their phones big - the 6 is great for watching videos, pictures and displaying plenty of text, and for those people, this phone is perfect! But I like my phone compact, easy to hold and use in 1 hand and

Sadly due to the camera, speed and overall power of the iPhone 6 - I will have to learn to make do - but if the next iPhone ever comes in the smaller screen size of the iPhone 5 with the best specs - count me first in line!

Surely I can't be on my own here?!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you will get use to it, I went from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S3(similar dimensions to the iPhone 6) and at first it was big but it became a one hand one in no time

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

[​IMG]

You're definitely not the only one. I am too comfortable using my phone one handed. I don't like being forced to use two or to have to shuffle my hand around to reach certain areas of the screen and pray I don't drop the phone.

I'm keeping my 5s until it no longer works (hopefully 4 - 5 years) by keeping it on iOS 7 and getting a battery replacement if needed. If I'm 100% happy with my 5s why would I upgrade anyways?

Hopefully the pendelum will swing back towards smaller phones by then, or at least if Apple doesn't have a flagship compact model (say a year behind the flagships like the 5s is now) it still will be way better than the 5s is.

4. kevroc macrumors 6502

You'll get used to it. You are just suffering from muscle memory and what you're used to "feeling comfortable". After so many years of a similar size iPhone, it will take awhile to adjust.

5. shady25 macrumors member

I think the perfect screen size is somewhere around 4.5 to 4.8.
    I liked holding the iPhone 5 but really desired a screen that was larger

6. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I bet the screen wasn't on.

If the screen was on you would not have made this thread.

7. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Sounds like this is the first time you've been on these forums since the iPhone's release

8. Truthfulie macrumors regular

I sure do miss 4" phone snuggly in my front pocket (or even back pocket). But I will surely be annoyed by the small screen too. I hope Apple somehow reduce the bezel size so it feels better in the hand. Though I really don't see how considering Touch ID and seemingly their firm belief about having equal bezel, top and bottom.

9. kittencounter macrumors member

"You are holding it wrong" :D. No joke aside but I see many ppl try to hold big phones like how they hold the small ones..like with the pinky sticks out under the phone. Also the grip on both side of the phone (like they show on the ads) doesn't work very well with bigger phones. Your whole hand is already "busy" holding the phone. This will make your thumb very stiff and hard to operate. Try to hold the phone like it's a thin plate or credit card when you give it to somebody. Your thumb on top of the display and all the rest fingers under the center of the phone. That way the phone will feel very balanced and secured. You won't have to constantly adjust your grip while operate the phone even you add your left hand to type with both hands.

10. deviant macrumors 65816

more like your hands too small. haha just kidding. 6 is perfect for me actually. a can reach everywhere easily. but i bough 6+. wtf did i do that? don't know. i hope i'll love it, cause trying it for 20 minutes was kinda painful after playing a little with the 6