iPhone 6 Touch ID issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Sep 19, 2014.

1. entraik Suspended

Does anyone else have a slight sharp edge around the circular TOUCH ID button on the iPhone 6 when they run their finger over it? Hard to explain but the 'feeling' isn't on my 5s so I was wondering

2. mfram macrumors 65816

I agree. It doesn't feel terribly smooth. Not sure it bothers me though. I had the 5 before, so I can't compare it to the 5s.

3. entraik thread starter Suspended

4. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

Since I never had the Touch ID i have nothing to compare it to.

5. nickdylan macrumors regular

A sharp edge on the button? That sounds like a manufacturing error. My 6 isn't sharp at all.

6. matty1551 macrumors 6502

Not sharp per se but slightly rough could be a more accurate word....at least for mine anyway.

7. Jr. Pac macrumors member

Agree. It's deep enough for a fingernail to get caught.

8. techspin macrumors 6502a

Feels smoother than my 5S. I would be more concerned with the way it clicks and how accurate it is. Flawless so far on mine.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Odd mine is at a slight angle; it pops out on the top but is recessed on the bottom. I'm not worried about it. I'm gonna throw ZAGG Glass on there anyway so it's gonna raise the glass to a point where I can't feel the ring. Otherwise, I find TouchID is a lot more reliable and quicker then my 5s. Couldn't be happier!

10. tinmeigut macrumors newbie

I only noticed it recently but I think I know what OP means. The steel ring on the Touch ID of my 6+ feels a bit rougher than my 5s. It's a nuance, and visually the steel ring on my 6+ doesn't look any different.