Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirkhuffy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Philadelphia
So for the first two days touch ID worked great. Now whenever I try to use it, it keeps saying try again. With both thumbs that I have had it learn. I even try to wipe off the button to no avail. It'll work maybe 2 times out of 15. Anyone know what gives?m

Edit: I'll also add I made a fool of myself trying to show someone reachability cause it wouldn't work haha.

Last edited:

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
If reachability and Touch ID both aren't working I'd try doing a reset of the phone and see if that fixes it, or book an appointment with Apple and see if you can get a swap. Sounds like it's not registering properly.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
So for the first two days touch ID worked great. Now whenever I try to use it, it keeps saying try again. With both thumbs that I have had it learn. I even try to wipe off the button to no avail. It'll work maybe 2 times out of 15. Anyone know what gives?m

Edit: I'll also add I made a fool of myself trying to show someone reachability cause it wouldn't work haha.

Please don't tell me there's a potential for TOUCH-GATE?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.