iPhone 6 touch ID

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hey,
Has there been any news on whether Touch ID on the new iPhones has improved? I read somewhere that the PPI has increased, is that true?

I got the 6 for a week now and Touch ID seems to be even better than before, especially when your hands are wet or dirty. I have maybe had 1 fail yet, and that was probably me not putting my thumb in the proper position.
It seems awesome, cannot wait for the app integration.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hey,
Has there been any news on whether Touch ID on the new iPhones has improved? I read somewhere that the PPI has increased, is that true?

I got the 6 for a week now and Touch ID seems to be even better than before, especially when your hands are wet or dirty. I have maybe had 1 fail yet, and that was probably me not putting my thumb in the proper position.
It seems awesome, cannot wait for the app integration.
Yes, it was slightly improved per a 9to5Mac article. I predict it will further improved by iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 with the ability to add more fingers (working along with faster processors).

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
It's definitely improved. I could never get it to work on the 5s. My husband could get his prints to be recognized on my phone but mine never worked. I figured it was due to my hands being beat up by gardening and housework. My new Plus Touch ID works great, though.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
yeah I agree. Touch ID worked very well for me on the iphone 5s unless your hands were sweaty or dirty. On my iphone 6 it seems to never fail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.