iPhone 6 touchscreen issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bxue100, Jul 17, 2017.

1. bxue100 macrumors newbie

bxue100

My phone screen suddenly responding to touch. I've turned it off and on via power+home buttons, and the screen would work for anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, but then would stop working until I reset the phone again. I've read some probable causes, but those all seem to be a completely dead screen, whereas mine works for a bit. Help??

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Has the phone been worked on by anyone?

Also does it do this only when plugged into the charger?

Did anything happen just prior to this screen problem?

3. bxue100 thread starter macrumors newbie

bxue100

No; no, happens everywhere; no, I was using instagram and suddenly, the screen stopped working

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry but it sounds like a hardware problem. If you take it to an Apple store they will do diagnostics for free and tell you what is wrong.

5. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Possible hardware issue. Let some certified service centre take a look at it.

6. bxue100 thread starter macrumors newbie

bxue100

Okay, thanks!

7. junisidro macrumors newbie

It's a engineering design flaw by Apple in its desire to make the sleekest and thinnest iPhone. Mine is a new iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB. First, I thought it was a software issue. But, no it's a hardware problem. LCD screen was replaced with a new one by the supplier since it's new. The problem of unresponsive screen continues. Some call it Ghost Screen. Got the phone from the importer from Hong Kong who has a technician who replaced the Cumulus U2401 chip with new one. Still observing the phone. Will get back at you if the problem comes back. I suggest you go to the nearest reliable iPhone repair shop like iPhone Rehab to have your phone fixed. Apple won't help since iPhone 6 / 6+ is no longer under warranty. Try to Google and learn more about this unresponsive screen issue which is epidemic.

8. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

I bought my iPhone 6 directly in nearest Apple Store,never ever had any screen issues.

9. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Sounds like it but the OP doesn't say it is a 6 Plus.