iPhone 6 Unknown Error (-1) on update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jools5858, Oct 30, 2016.

1. jools5858 macrumors newbie

Recently my iPhone 6 sustained some minor water damage and continued to work, but a few hours afterwards, it shut off. I don't know if it just died, or whether lack of battery power shut it off, as I wasn't watching it at the time. Either way, a few days later I was trying to get it going again and couldn't, so I switched out the battery, and it rebooted and turned back on. It was doing some weird things afterwards though, such as no audio either from the earpiece or the speaker, as well as the inability to play any video. Everything else seemed fine. It was on ios 9, so I attempted to update it to 10 using iTunes, thiking the issue might be software related, but the update kept failing, so I tried a full restore. It got mostly done, getting to the point where it said it was restoring the firmware at the top (Apple logo with about 60% progress on the phone), then it quit and said "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1)". Now when I turn it back on, I go right to recovery mode (showing the lightening cable and phone on the iPhone screen), and keep failing at the same point every time. I've tried everything from replacing the charge port to freezing the phone (I read online it would help) but nothing works. I've even tried DFU mode, no change. From what I've read it's a baseband error. Can anybody help me out with this, I'm really hoping the phone isn't bricked. Thanks.

2. jools5858 thread starter macrumors newbie