Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supra48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
hey everyone :cool: I did a search on the forums but couldn't find an answer. I don't live in the USA, I live in Lebanon, where there is no official Apple store, so I have no idea how the Apple retail stores work.

My uncle is in the US (in San Francisco) and he is coming back to Lebanon on October 1, do you think that during this period(end of September), the retail store of San Francisco will have unlocked iPhone 6 in stock? or it will be out of stock because of the huge number of people who bought it? and what is the price? I have seen it online as 650$, and I heard that in SF there is tax= 8% =50$ for the iPhone. so the price should not be more than 700$, right? or there is another tax to pay? what is the time needed to buy an unlocked iPhone? should there be any signing of papers ? and one last question: what is the chance of getting a defected phone? I mean : I'll open and try the phone for the first time once I get it, so if there is a problem, there's no way to exchange the phone!

sorry for the long thread, if somebody has experience (even if it's about previous models), your help is appreciated ! :)

MagnusF

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
hey everyone :cool: I did a search on the forums but couldn't find an answer. I don't live in the USA, I live in Lebanon, where there is no official Apple store, so I have no idea how the Apple retail stores work.

My uncle is in the US (in San Francisco) and he is coming back to Lebanon on October 1, do you think that during this period(end of September), the retail store of San Francisco will have unlocked iPhone 6 in stock? or it will be out of stock because of the huge number of people who bought it? and what is the price? I have seen it online as 650$, and I heard that in SF there is tax= 8% =50$ for the iPhone. so the price should not be more than 700$, right? or there is another tax to pay? what is the time needed to buy an unlocked iPhone? should there be any signing of papers ? and one last question: what is the chance of getting a defected phone? I mean : I'll open and try the phone for the first time once I get it, so if there is a problem, there's no way to exchange the phone!

sorry for the long thread, if somebody has experience (even if it's about previous models), your help is appreciated ! :)

Should take less than 5 minutes. No signing of papers

There is no "officially unlocked" model being sold right now. But the T-mobile one is unlocked.

And yes, it´s $650+tax. No more, no less

supra48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Thank you so much for replying.. do you have any idea about what is the chance of getting a defected iPhone from Apple ?

MagnusF

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Thank you so much for replying.. do you have any idea about what is the chance of getting a defected iPhone from Apple ?

I have had the iPhone/iPhone 3G/ iPhone 3Gs / iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s / iPhone 5 / iPhone 5s, and i have never gotten a defected phone. So you should not worry much about it.

The chances are a lot less than with other manufactures

supra48

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
One last question please : the iPhone 6 will be released on 19 September. and my uncle will be in San Fransisco on 27th of September. Do you think that there will be a big queue of people on the apple retail store there? or by then, it will be easy and normal? thank you and I appreciate your help .. :cool: :)

MagnusF

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
One last question please : the iPhone 6 will be released on 19 September. and my uncle will be in San Fransisco on 27th of September. Do you think that there will be a big queue of people on the apple retail store there? or by then, it will be easy and normal? thank you and I appreciate your help .. :cool: :)

I am sure there will be no queue, but however, the phone may not be in stock by then. It often takes weeks before Apple stores have a good stock of phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.