iPhone 6 Unlocked/land codes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndersVorup, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AndersVorup macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I live in Denmark and to buy an iPhone 6 here is quite expensive. My dad is traveling to USA in 2 weeks, and I wonder if anyone of you know if it's possible to use it another country than USA.

We have some other carriers than you do, and I heard that the iPhone may be locked by some area codes so you can't use any other carrier than these in USA, when you buy a phone there.

I saw that you can buy the iPhone at Apple Store where is says "unlocked" for 650$ which is way cheaper than our own prices.

Looking forward to hear from you!

2. illutionz macrumors 65816

Yes if you purchase the T-Mobile Carrier Free version from APPLE STORES it will be UNLOCKED and you can pop your simcard in Denmark.

Do NOT buy the phone from T-Mobile stores, however because it will then be locked.

3. MatiasAR macrumors newbie

Preorder the T-mobile contract free from Apple.com, it will work with GSM international carriers. Just be sure your carrier works on GSM.
    You can preorder online and have it shipped to someone you know in the US. Make sure you use their name on the shipping information, and for the billing info use your name and the same address you used for shipping.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You can also just buy the Verizon version... there is zero chance that will be locked.

5. AndersVorup thread starter macrumors newbie

But if I buy the Verizon for 199$, I'm going to get a contract at Verizon as well?

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You don;t buy it for $199. You buy it for the full retail price of $649 for the 6 and $749 for the Plus