Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedChampion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
I recently dropped my iPhone 6 and the screen became largely unresponsive and there are gray vertical lines along the bottom of the screen. I tried resetting it restarting it, all that but it hasn't made a difference. I took it to the Apple store, but of course since it had non-Apple parts in it, they refused to do a thing. I was wondering if anyone can identify the problem and let me know how I can go about fixing it myself.
Thanks,
-Matt

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sorry what do you mean by non apple parts?
We have to assume by that, that the OP has had the phone damaged before and repaired by a non-Apple third party which did not use Apple OEM parts. Or the phone was a refurb where non Apple OEM parts were used.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
I recently dropped my iPhone 6 and the screen became largely unresponsive and there are gray vertical lines along the bottom of the screen. I tried resetting it restarting it, all that but it hasn't made a difference. I took it to the Apple store, but of course since it had non-Apple parts in it, they refused to do a thing. I was wondering if anyone can identify the problem and let me know how I can go about fixing it myself.
Thanks,
-Matt

have you tried going to a local iphone fix it places? Bet they can do it.

xymay

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2015
Disassemble your iPhone 6 and check if the flex ribbon connectors are not connected tight to the logic board. If not, I'm afraid you'll have to get a screen replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.