iPhone 6 user, have iPhone 6S in hand. Go for 6S Plus instead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exi, Sep 25, 2015.

1. exi macrumors 6502

I picked up the iPhone 6 shortly after its release last year. Verizon, space gray, 128 GB. Enjoyed it. Debated the Plus, felt may be too big. Was never sure.

Preordered the iPhone 6S, same finish, same network. I received it today. Been too busy to switch. I actually opted to pay contract pricing and not do an installment program. Personal preference.

I'm strongly debating NOT using it, keeping it on hand, seeing if I can get the iPhone 6S Plus within a month, giving that a trial, and returning one of the two.

OIS is nice but not a game changer for me. Hear wonderful things about the screen. Don't care about landscape / phablet functionality. Extra battery life would be nice but not required over what the 6 and 6S offer.

If performance is occasionally sluggish and laggy as was the case with animations on the non-S Plus, THAT would be a big deal for me.

Do like being able to use one-handed so may have to adjust there.

All that said: I'm all ears for any thoughts you have. What would you do?

2. exi thread starter macrumors 6502

One quick bump since this forum's booming these days.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You said you like being able to use it one handed which I'm assuming means you are able to use the regular 6s with one hand. If that's the case then don't get the plus. The big screen is nice but not worth giving up one handed use. I went with the plus because I couldn't use the regular 6 one-handed anyway so the larger screen was nice. If Apple ever releases a phone that is small enough for me to use with one hand I'll switch as soon as I can afford it.

4. meikdunj macrumors member

I have no problem using the Plus with one hand.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

You must have big hands then. I can't use it one handed as I have small hands.

6. exi thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it cumbersome at all? That's basically my biggest sticking point. That and whether it would be a brick in my pocket. And the change would be nice.