iPhone 6 Users, Are You Happy With Your Choice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Oct 25, 2014.

?

I

1. Am happy with the iPhone 6

85 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. Wished I Had Purchased (or kept) the iPhone 6 Plus

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Feel both are too big.

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Konvictz macrumors regular

I know quite a few people who ordered the plus and then returned it, however I feel I am very happy with the plus.

To me the iPhone 6 feels almost the same as a 5s just a little bigger.

And a few things I dont like with the 6 are the antenna bands, the 1gb ram which is SO annoying. And also the bezels because it is somewhat annoying that the galaxy note 4 is the same size, yet packs a bigger screen.

But overall I am happy with the plus moreover the 6. You?

2. Gmcube macrumors regular

I wanted a bigger screen but not 6 plus big. I don't like the design of either, I miss the grip of chamfered edges, but I wouldn't want to go any bigger. One handed use with the 6 is already a stretch but I can manage. So I have my gripes but overall I'm happer with the 6 than I would be with the plus.

3. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Couldn't ask for a better phone. I'm still intrigued with the concept of the Plus, but I can operate the iPhone 6 in one hand which is important to me. One handed use is great when you're carrying something or just to lazy to raise your other hand.

I can still use it, but it is so much bigger and easier to read than my 4S. I often just wouldn't use the 4S because I found it cumbersome, but I love using my 6 on long car rides other crowded places. The batter life is better, the screen is better, and I went from 0.5-2.5 Verizon 3G to 18-32 LTE speeds! :eek:

Camera is also much better at focusing aside from the smudge effect.

4. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'm a mix between happy with it and feel both are two big. At least though I do agree that the big size has advantages too so while I miss the advantages of the smaller size, at least it wasn't for nothing.

But my 5 was way easier to use one handed and hell, my 4 was easier to slip on a pocket on a whim. And I kinda miss that (the pocket thing isn't as bad as I thought, the 6 does fit but not as easy/quick as the 4 did. Even the 5 was a little awkward in pockets. But as for one handed, especially if I want to hold the phone over my head like when I'm reading in bed, it is a big disadvantage).

At this point I'm not sure if I'd go with an iPhone mini or not if they made one. It would be a hard choice. I'm definitely glad I didn't go with the 6+.

5. AverageBob macrumors member

I did a lot of research and knew what I was getting into and I'm happy with my choice.

6. irod87 macrumors regular

I have 6 white/silver...sometimes I wish I had the + in space grey.

7. jackwills macrumors regular

jackwills

iPhone 6 space grey. Awesome
    Never thought of getting the Plus, way too big as a daily phone

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I've got a space gray 6. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet. I know I never did like the 5s. I loved (Still do love my 5c) but I'm just not sure if the 6 will be a device I keep...

9. fleabite macrumors member

fleabite

Honestly, I really liked the size of my 4S. It fit wonderfully in my hand and pockets. But it was 3 years old and starting to feel slow. I'm liking the features of my 6, but if there had been a 6 "minus" I probably would have gone with that.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I felt like the 6+ was too large. I'm liking the 6 so far.

11. cababah macrumors 68000

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the thread but I read one of those articles in your signature and watched that short video. Very informative stuff and something I'll be sharing as well!

12. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Very happy with my 6.

Not the perfect device, but nothing is. #

13. justindavis098 macrumors member

Love my 6+. I have been wanting a bigger iphone. Well, this is certainly bigger!

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I am extremely happy with my iPhone 6. Having used the 6 plus multiple times every time I do it just feels large and odd to hold. It's not for me. The iPhone 6 on the other hand was made for me :)

----------

That's what she said...

Had too

15. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I came from a 4S so the 6 is a nice step up. I borrowed a 4S the other day to test a site that I'm building, and it felt absolutely tiny even though it's only been a few weeks.

16. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

Yes, happy but ...

Yes, happy with the iPhone 6, but ...

The elongated shape and the large top and bottom bezels are annoying - larger than they have to be. Also, the phone does not have to be that thin. Why couldn't it be 1mm thicker with a slightly larger battery?

While I like the performance of the iPhone 6 and am pleased with the enhancements to IOS 8, increased interaction with OS X and the overall Apple "ecosystem", the form factor of the iPhone 6 is not perfect.

I want a phone with a large "efficient" screen - in other words, small bezels so that the screen can be large with the overall size of the device as small as possible for the given screen size.

The perfect form factor for a carry-in-your pocket phone is the Nexus 5 - a great Android phone. Sharp, wonderful 5" screen, excellent camera (with the latest upgrades). The edges are just square enough, and the back and edge texture just "grippy" enough so that the device feels secure in your hands, unlike the iPhone 6. The iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 are the same length - a good size to fit in my pockets - blue jeans, chinos or dress slacks. The smaller bezels and minimally larger width of of the Nexus 5 allow for a much screen, though. Why can't Apple take the form factor of the Nexus 5 phone and reproduce that with the iPhone 6? If it were not for the great apps and rapidly improving Apple ecosystem, I would gladly have kept my Nexus 5. I like my new iPhone 6, but ... Apple has not done as good a job with the physical form factor as Google and LG did with the Nexus 5.

17. Jimmy James, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Love my 6. However, I think I'm one of the few who bought it inspite of the screen size not because of it. The size of the 5 is nicer for me. I don't care about one handed use. I love how the older phones disappear in your pocket, whereas I'm always aware of the 6 and sometimes need to be careful how I move.

18. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I can use both comfortably but I never thought about getting the Plus. It's starting to grow on me. If it had a better processor or was faster than I definitely would of got it, but I don't really want to deal with carrying around a huge device all the time. Also it was $100 more, for something I didn't really want.

19. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

I love my 6. It's big enough that's for sure. And the screen under the son is awesome! Apple makes leaps and bounds for under the sun clarity each major bump. It's actually really clear in the day time under the sun!

Most people don't talk about this screen technology but I think it is really helpful for everyday use such as jogging and riding your bike, or convertibles cars for that matter.

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I love my 6. The plus was too big to be considered so it was an easy choice and its a big enough leap from the iPhone 5 for me. It's the best phone I have used so far. :)

21. IdealTech macrumors member

The iPhone 6's size is a perfect fit for me.

The only thing I wish for is a higher res panel. The 1080p mobile displays look noticeably sharper when compared side by side. While 1080p in the 6 might be overkill or diminish the value of the 6+, it would've been nice if they brought it to around 900p.

22. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

yes i agree.

Technology wise iphone has been behind the competitors for a while now, 3gb ram in the note 4 vs 1 gb of ram in iphone 6 plus for example.

23. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Could not be more happy. The 6 is what the 5/5S should have been!

The 6 is perfect for me.

24. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

SG 6 128GB. Perfect phone for me.

The 6+ just is not practical for me as I carry my phone in my pocket.

25. jim.hickman.777 macrumors regular