iPhone 6 value after announcement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

How much do y'all think the iPhone 6 will drop in price after the iphone 6s announcement?

I have an iPhone 6 64gb Space Gray and this guy is offering $650. I would sell it right now but I have a trip overseas and I won't be back until Sept 10. I'm trying to decide if I should sell it now or wait it out and see what I can get after I get back.

2. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

If you're concerned about resell value I would suggest selling it before the announcement. Considering those sell for $750 brand new, I would sell immediately at $650 as it sounds like a great deal in my opinion.

3. Psyfuzz macrumors 6502

Psyfuzz

Sell it now, live with a Nokia 3200 for a couple of weeks, jump back with the 6S.

It's the best route financially - plus you get to play Snake in the meantime.

4. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I would sell it before the announcement. I'm planning on selling my iPhone 6 128GB and I'm hoping to get $650 ish before the announcement, so that amount for your phone sounds like a fantastic deal.

5. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

I don't think it really matters when you sell it. Last year when I went to the iPhone 6 I've sold my iPhone 4s just the week after. Not for much money, but it was the 4s for heavens sake. :p Since iPhone 6 will still be a popular choice for many people selling it will do well.

Never have sold my phones before getting the new one. Even if it takes a while before someone shows interest in the device, I'm fine with that. Not in a hurry. I mean, if I would have to sell my iPhone 6 first in order to be able to buy the 6s, that wouldn't just work out. Not having another device as a temporary replacement. I'd rather have the new one first before I sell the older one.

That's how I do it. But it's not like I think selling it before the announcement would be a bad idea. Just do it if it works for you.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

From trends based on the last few years they usually drop by around $100 immediately after the announcement and then stay at those levels for a good 4-6 weeks. They then go back up slightly after the rush has died down from upgraders flooding the market.

7. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

I have the same phone in pristine condition. Give him my number & I'll wait it out

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

9. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

So today I met the guy at a Verizon Store. Everything went smooth and I got $650 in cash so I'm all ready for the new iPhone 6s! Rocking an old iPhone 4s right now :p

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Nice! I'm still on the fence about selling either my 2014 Moto X or my iPhone 6. I will be upgrading to the 6s+, but I don't know if I want to sell the Moto X or iPhone. The Moto X will give me less money but allow me to continue using my iPhone and Apple Watch, or sell my iPhone and get $300 more but have to use my Moto X for 3 weeks and lose Apple Pay, my Apple Watch, and the integration with my other devices.

#firstworldproblems

11. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Go

I was feeling the same way, but I'm ok. I do miss my watch, but I'll survive and after using my iPhone 4s today I'm already excited for the new iPhone because even tho it will look the same I'm sure it will feel like a major upgrade after having an iPhone 4s for the next three weeks lol I think it was worth it considering I got $650. You should offer it just for fun and if you get a really good offer, who knows maybe you will end up selling it $$$

12. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Thanks for the advice! I think I may put both up for sale and decide from there. If I can get at least $250 from my Moto X I'll probably sell it, or if I could get $550 from my iPhone I'll sell that. It's a hard choice though, I really like both phones haha

13. msp3 macrumors member

How much can you get away with for an Sprint/Apple unlocked 16GB iPhone 6 Gold on Craigslist? Prices are tanking here

14. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

100-200 bucks is not worth it to me to not have my phone for a month

15. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

You got a really good deal, lucky you.I had a hard time selling my in my town, everyone was low balling me . And everyone is selling their phone low prices for some reason too. Sold my iPhone 6S 64GB for $550. Using a 5s in the meantime. Just waiting for apple to send the invitations to get more excited lol.

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Lets hope you like the next release of iPhone.

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

$100 under retail? I would want to pay less than that for a used phone.

18. 617aircav Suspended

$650 for a 64gb, that's a good deal. On eBay 128 goes for that.

19. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

Check average selling prices on Swappa.com. I'm in a more rural area, so I usually have to undercut those prices a bit, but that should give you a starting point.

20. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I know. I sold it on craigslist and I usually ask for a higher price than the one I'm actually expecting to sell it for. I was expecting to get at least $500 or $550. So when the guy said he wanted to buy it from me and didn't even ask me to drop the price, I was very surprised.

21. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Must still be holding high value in China and India

22. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

nah, the guy I sold it to is a fireman in Atlanta, GA. He was buying it for himself, his old phone was completely destroyed. I doubt he was reselling it in China hehehe.

23. david91 macrumors regular

$650 would be great before the announcement. You'd better sell it now or people would just think of buying brand new than having yours at $650.