iPhone 6+ vibration borked

azure247

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
We have a 6 and 6+ and when we first heard the vibrator rumble, we knew it sounded off. It makes a buzz noise and the vibration is noticeably weaker.

My question is, is mine defective? From a quick google, it seems to vary between 6+'s and some posters are saying that a replacement solved the problem.

The fact that no one here cares about silent mode tells me mine is a rare case but I want to be certain that it is a problem.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
You might be lucky, the vibration is incredibly strong (could me quieter) in the iPhone 6, maybe you got lucky.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
We have a 6 and 6+ and when we first heard the vibrator rumble, we knew it sounded off. It makes a buzz noise and the vibration is noticeably weaker.

My question is, is mine defective? From a quick google, it seems to vary between 6+'s and some posters are saying that a replacement solved the problem.

The fact that no one here cares about silent mode tells me mine is a rare case but I want to be certain that it is a problem.
You and I both. I'm gonna try and get it replaced on Tuesday. It has an ugly loud buzz but with a very faint vibrate throughout the phone. I can hear it more than vibrate which defeats the purpose of silent mode in my mind.

FireCapt

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
You and I both. I'm gonna try and get it replaced on Tuesday. It has an ugly loud buzz but with a very faint vibrate throughout the phone. I can hear it more than vibrate which defeats the purpose of silent mode in my mind.
Make sure you have it turned on in Sounds under settings, it is off by default :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.