iPhone 6 video of still subjects

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itzamna, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Itzamna macrumors regular

Hello there.

My GF is a fitness instructor and asked me to film her class during the Manequim Challenge thing and when watching the video i noticed that when moving around filming standing still people, the image is very strange and in some parts hard to watch. It looks like that there is a very small trail of the figure of the person when the figure is moving through the viewport when moving the iPhone. That makes the subject blurry which, when having several people in the video, can really hurt the eye. Did anyone else noticed this behavior?

If i film people in movement this doesn't happen, and thus i didn't noticed before.

Probably i'm not explaining that right, but it's very hard to explain, specially since english is not my main language.
    Thank you.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Would love to see a sample of what you are seeing. Anyway to post your video or just part of it?

3. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Yeah, without any picture I have no idea what you're seeing
    Hate to sound like a creep, but we need a picture

4. unclemax macrumors regular

My first thoughts exactly.

5. Itzamna thread starter macrumors regular

lol It was a senior class, so no luck there.... :D

Anyway, it would tricky to share a video of her students because there is always the random chance of them finding out and it would be very bad for my GF. But i tried to replicate the problem at home and it filmed just right. I did it again in the class place, and again the trailing showed up... My guess is that the lights there make that weird effect, i don't know. At my place i use led bulbs, but at the class location they use those long fluorescent lights. Maybe that's what's causing it.